downs stock

psstdrvr

Glad I finally dumped ups 2 weeks ago, sorry I waited so long. Mngnt has no clue whats going on and until theres some big shakeup in Atlanta the stock will just flounder. Maybe our unfocused leaders can ask Fedex for advice!!

ImpactedTSG

psstdrvr said:
Glad I finally dumped ups 2 weeks ago, sorry I waited so long. Mngnt has no clue whats going on and until theres some big shakeup in Atlanta the stock will just flounder. Maybe our unfocused leaders can ask Fedex for advice!!
wake up and realize it's not just management. FedEX can out-price UPS because they don't have to pay their drivers $25 per hour and can fire them if they do a :censored2:ty job.

montecarlo12

ImpactedTSG,
First I would like to wish you the best of luck in the situation you are currently in.

Although Fedex is a non union company, we do have a GFT process that protects employees from mistreatment from management. Fedex Express drivers are not making $25.+ an hour. All top scale drivers at Fedex Express are getting a 3% to 6% increase next week depending on the drivers last performance review. In my case I will be at $23.92. I will take the pay cut for the hours I work. 6:30 to 3:30pm. If I want to volunteer for over time I can help out with pick ups. Saturdays are also a sign up day for people who want the overtime. If I worked as late as my brother does because UPS pushed back his start time, I would also get a 2nd shift differential pay that would put me at $24.27.

montecarlo12

psstdrvr said:

Psstdrvr,
Fedex hit a 52 week high today and I read its still 10% under valued. There has been rumors since last fall that Fedex was interested in purchasing TNT's Express division. I saw an online article in late December saying that both companies were talking and how TNT would be a perfect fit for Fedex to be a dominent player in Europe. If the purchase is made I think it will make a positive impact for Fedex and share holders alike.

U

UPS Jeff

ImpactedTSG--I on your side on your post and subsequent replies, but know you are lashing out at drivers wages. Seriously--the company made 3.3 BILLION dollars profit paying those wages. Drivers earn every penny they make and are held to the highest standards--union or not. Get over yourself and go drown your sorrows in a bar.

ImpactedTSG

montecarlo12 said:
ImpactedTSG,
First I would like to wish you the best of luck in the situation you are currently in.
Thanks. I actually have moved on to a better situation so this was a blessing in disguise. I am just sticking around to see how this all pans out for the rest of the techs. I've also dumped my UPS stock and bought Fedex at 100 per share. Keep up the good work! :thumbup1:

beatupbrown

Bought fdx stock at a 100 a share,wow I would have never done that a such a step price.
I dumped my UPS at $75 in 2004, I was forced too but I see that it has gone sideways.
I think UPS spends a dollor to save a dime mgmt needs to be cleaned out.
Kepping old trucks in the fleet is one example of poor thinking ,the cost of work comp ,fixing the trucks all the time is not cost effective.

montecarlo12

yesterday on market watch Bear Stearns equities analyst Edward Wolfe lifted his rating on Fedex to sector outperform from peer perform, setting a year end price target of $126. a share. I would like to see it split because I double dip from my company stock option and 401k. I still own the UPS stock that I purchased back when it went public, but havent been buying all along. I agree with you that UPS should invest in trucks with auto trans and power steering. Trucks would cost a few thousand more but would save alot of money in the long run on drivers w.comp injuries. In my local paper a couple of years ago, there was an article during peak season talking about how blue collar jobs such as UPS, Fedex, and USPS were highly sought after because of wages, benefits, and pensions. It also said that the average career for a UPS driver is between 12 and 14 years because of the size and weight of packages compared to 20 years ago. Drivers are expected to work faster and longer because of competition and service guarantees.

wily_old_vet

ImpactedTSG said:
I'd rather focus on my new job where I make more $$$$ and get treated a lot better, but thanks for your concern.:tongue_sm

After all the tears now you say you are better off.I'm glad for you but wonder how long it will be before you are crying about your new job if, God forbid, you are laid off because you are the junior person. Good luck in your new endeavor.

ImpactedTSG

wily_old_vet said:
After all the tears now you say you are better off.I'm glad for you but wonder how long it will be before you are crying about your new job if, God forbid, you are laid off because you are the junior person. Good luck in your new endeavor.
Not every company bases everything on seniority. Some actually believe in quality of work over length of service. With that said, I hope neither I or anyone else has to go through this again.

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
Impacted TSG--wake up and realize it's not just management. FedEX can out-price UPS because they don't have to pay their drivers $25 per hour and can fire them if they do a :censored2:ty job.

You hit it on the head----our competitors have a lot of pricing flexibility because they can charge lower rates than UPS--because they pay their employees less. It kills me that FED Ex Stock is so high---maybe that will change when the class action lawsuit from the RPS side heats up-----what is you take on the Monte??

Unfortunately Wall Street doesn't look at the dent we are making in the Supply Chain market and our profit keeps skyrocketing-->$1 billion for the 4th quarer--you would think that would generate some investor activity---but they say our ground volume is flat and the price our our stock goes down?? We reinvest a lot of that money---allows to purchase the overnites of the world and invest in new

I just sold a lot of UPS Stock--thought that having a record 4th quarter would bump it up a little-------not-----so I waited until the 4th Quarter Dividend was declared and after 2-21 being the owner of record I could get the increased dividend--than bailed!!!

montecarlo12

UPSDAWG,
I only know two IC that are on my route. I have talked to both of them about the class action lawsuit. Neither have any desire of being a Fedex employee. Both had net incomes of over 100k last year working 10 hour days. Fedex ground has a number of state of the art facilities opening this year and the more volume the Ground division can handle, the more money the IC will make. I know Fedex Ground is going to be aggressive in seeking large ground shippers the next few years as they continue to grow. If you been reading current articles about Fedex you will see that the Express division will also be setting its sites back on domestic air which it has been getting away from,for much more profitable intl packages. Wouldnt it be ironic if Fedex offers cheaper rates to customers on ground shipping to take express packages away from UPS? That was a huge advantage for UPS for many years when Fedex was just an Express division. I think UPS sales used to call it package bundling.

Merlin

Well, I have been a shareholder from UPS stock for the last 5 years now (yes I am one of those "lucky" people:) )....but over the last 5 years the stock has been going up and down in between 50 and 75 dollars or so all the time. If you have thousands of stocks that maybe an interesting difference, but for the more common people????
Also here in Europe we feel the grown pressure to compete with Fedex, but so far here in Europe there has been no real indication that we should be afraid of them,. That is what I sence in your discussion a bit:confused:1

By the way, need to go now, I am living in the timezone where the weekend starts now. But I will be reading more next week.

Have fun:thumbup1:

psstdrvr

Anyone know how the board of directors can be contacted directly to let them know how frustrated we are with inept lame duck managers. We have 2 in our building who are waiting 3yrs for retirement and are oblivious to some big concerns. One doesn't even understand the pas system and he's the center manager!!!! Imagine if we all cared as much as our "bosses"!!! As long as the fudged numbers look good I guess Eskew will have no clue, its UPS as usual.

moreluck

golden ticket member
psstdriver......Maybe your mgmt. fall under the ANA Act. see below....

The Americans With No Abilities Act

WASHINGTON, DC--On Tuesday, Congress approved the Americans With No Abilities Act, sweeping new legislation that provides benefits and protection for more than 135 million talentless Americans.
The act, signed into law by President Clinton shortly after its passage, is being hailed as a major victory for the millions upon millions of U.S. citizens who lack any real skills or uses.
"Roughly 50 percent of Americans--through no fault of their own--do not possess the talent necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society," said Clinton, a longtime ANA supporter. "Their lives are futile hamster-wheel existences of unrewarding, dead-end busywork: xeroxing documents written by others, fulfilling mail-in rebates for Black & Decker toaster ovens, and processing bureaucratic forms that nobody will ever see. Sadly, for these millions of nonabled Americans, the American dream of working hard and moving up through the ranks is simply not a reality."
Under the Americans With No Abilities Act, more than 25 million important-sounding "middle man" positions will be created in the white-collar sector for nonabled persons, providing them with an illusory sense of purpose and ability. Mandatory, non-performance-based raises and promotions will also be offered to create a sense of upward mobility for even the most unremarkable, utterly replaceable employees.
The legislation also provides corporations with incentives to hire nonabled workers, including tax breaks for those who hire one non-germane worker for every two talented hirees.
Finally, the Americans With No Abilities Act also contains tough new measures to prevent discrimination against the nonabled by banning prospective employers from asking such job-interview questions as, "What can you bring to this organization?" and "Do you have any special skills that would make you an asset to this company?"
"As a nonabled person, I frequently find myself unable to keep up with co-workers who have something going for them," said Mary Lou Gertz, who lost her position as an unessential filing clerk at a Minneapolis tile wholesaler last month because of her lack of notable skills. "This new law should really help people like me."
With the passage of the Americans With No Abilities Act, Gertz and millions of other untalented, inessential citizens can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Said Clinton: "It is our duty, both as lawmakers and as human beings, to provide each and every American citizen, regardless of his or her lack of value to society, some sort of space to take up in this great nation."

sendagain

Merlin..

I had a Belgium fellow drive our tour bus all over Europe a couple years back. The guy was an awsome driver, squeezing that bus into many tight locations.

psstdrvr

moreluck
Had a good laugh with that one!! Now I understand how 95% of the managers got their position. You don't mind if I print that out and distribute to the brainless drones in charge at UPS? They will probably read it verbatim at the morning pcm, that's if they can read!!