DR shipper release

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
If there is a more secure DR location available I will use that rather than the one the consignee requested. I would rather defend that than try to defend a lost iPhone.

But, there's nothing to defend...

They pay for you to leave it. Not leaving it is breach of service. It's almost as bad as a driver signing for a sig required pkg. Almost...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

But, there's nothing to defend...

They pay for you to leave it. Not leaving it is breach of service. It's almost as bad as a driver signing for a sig required pkg. Almost...

Never said I wouldn't leave it. What I said was if there were a more secure DR location I would use that instead of the one that the consignee chose.

worldwide

First I've ever heard of that.

A church or religious institution with the only entrance that is open to the public is a commercial delivery and requires a signature. A private residence, rectory, convent or parsonage is a residential delivery and can be driver released.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
you should talk with driver to find out why before reprimanding him...
I must have missed the part where I said I reprimanded him. I sent him a DIAD message asking why he didn't release it. He called me and said he wasn't sure the procedure. I politely asked him if he could go back and redeliver it, since he was still on area. He did, and I called the guy back and told him it was done. On to the next angry account exec.

wayfair

swollen member
I must have missed the part where I said I reprimanded him. I sent him a DIAD message asking why he didn't release it. He called me and said he wasn't sure the procedure. I politely asked him if he could go back and redeliver it, since he was still on area. He did, and I called the guy back and told him it was done. On to the next angry account exec.
was that a UPS provided phone?