Draining The Swamp

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Did you at least rinse them off before serving them?
No need to .

Sewage outflows attract the fish populations , which increases the cleaning of the fish on the boats , where the unwanted parts are tossed back into the sea where they fall to the bottom increasing the food supply for crabs and lobsters. Lobsters love to eat crabs .
Today the treated outflows contain so much bleach that dead zones are formed around them . Sea creatures that can move leave the area .

bbsam

Staff member
No need to .

Sewage outflows attract the fish populations , which increases the cleaning of the fish on the boats , where the unwanted parts are tossed back into the sea where they fall to the bottom increasing the food supply for crabs and lobsters. Lobsters love to eat crabs .
Today the treated outflows contain so much bleach that dead zones are formed around them . Sea creatures that can move leave the area .
So you are advocating for raw sewage being pumped into the waterways?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So you are advocating for raw sewage being pumped into the waterways?
It's not something new .
Look at what saved London; tea & beer .
The Thames was so polluted that drinking liquids that has to be boiled first killed off all the bad stuff .

BrownArmy

It's not something new .
Look at what saved London; tea & beer .
The Thames was so polluted that drinking liquids that has to be boiled first killed off all the bad stuff .

We also used to let companies dump toxic chemicals into our rivers.

Should we go back to those days?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Have we moved on from there really ?

Ask the residents of Flint Michigan.
Their own gov't poisoned them.

Or ask the people of Colorado , New Mexico , and Utah when the EPA contaminated their rivers by releasing 3 million gallons of water laced with heavy metals and toxins .

No I guess we haven't .

BrownArmy

Or ask the people of Colorado , New Mexico , and Utah when the EPA contaminated their rivers by releasing 3 million gallons of water laced with heavy metals and toxins .

No I guess we haven't .

So let's put a guy in charge of the EPA that disagrees with the EPA on a fundamental level.

Great.

Sportello

I'm sorry, there was no attack just an opinion on a couple of talk show hosts.

I should've realized that you and the other snowflakes are still recovering and are really sensitive right now. :biggrin:
Sweetie, you must have me confused for someone else. I did not have anyone I supported in the Presidential election. I was opposed to Trump, however.

You did attack the comedy host, and never addressed the point of the video. Typical

Did your guy get 5%?

No snowflake, no snowflake, you're the snowflake!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

No I guess we haven't .

No. Private industry poisoned them, after they cut and ran, leaving the public holding the bag. Flint was the result of GM and other automotive industries using the river as a toxic waste dump. The CO, UT, NM deal was government left to do the clean-up after a mining company left town. The EPA made a mistake and let the polluted water in a holding area into the river. They didn't cause the problem, they're just tasked with trying to fix it, and taxpayers get to pay he bill.

If the mining company and/or GM did the right thing originally, there would have been no problems.

This is what happens when industries are allowed to basically regulate themselves.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
No. Private industry poisoned them, after they cut and ran, leaving the public holding the bag. Flint was the result of GM and other automotive industries using the river as a toxic waste dump. The CO, UT, NM deal was government left to do the clean-up after a mining company left town. The EPA made a mistake and let the polluted water in a holding area into the river. They didn't cause the problem, they're just tasked with trying to fix it, and taxpayers get to pay he bill.

If the mining company and/or GM did the right thing originally, there would have been no problems.

This is what happens when industries are allowed to basically regulate themselves.
That mine had been leaking a small amount of spillage , so the EPA decided to release it all at once .
Great idea .
Now the area will be a super fund site .
The EPA will have work here for decades , just like they planned.
That was the big picture .

Sportello

Just checking in to see how the swamp draining thing is going. I see some rats are leaving, but I don't want to mix my metaphors ;)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That mine had been leaking a small amount of spillage , so the EPA decided to release it all at once .
Great idea .
Now the area will be a super fund site .
The EPA will have work here for decades , just like they planned.
That was the big picture .

Wrong. Private industry made their profits and then ran away. Our government let them. The EPA did not plan a release.It was an accidental issue. Your denials speak volumes on your ignorance.