Drinking (Serious)

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Friend of Bill W?
Yes, personally each person will have too look in the mirror and answer that question for themselves. 8 years sober and drinking beer rarely crosses my mind. I would ask myself the question is my life better with alcohol or worse? Why do I drink? Is it for taste or is it for the effect it brings me? I cant tell you if it's right wrong or indifferent that's between you and the god of your understanding.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yes, personally each person will have too look in the mirror and answer that question for themselves. 8 years sober and drinking beer rarely crosses my mind. I would ask myself the question is my life better with alcohol or worse? Why do I drink? Is it for taste or is it for the effect it brings me? I cant tell you if it's right wrong or indifferent that's between you and the god of your understanding.
It's taste for me.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Been a friend of Bill's for 34 years.
Hats off to you man.
Only been 2 years for me but it saved my life ... barely ... still have bouts of depressions but they are getting less frequent.
I pretty much was in an 'abstinence' stage for 40 years after almost flunking out of college.
Once I retired and did not have 'responsibility' to keep me in check, I became addicted and deeply depressed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
One is too many and a thousand is never enough.
Hopefully you never experience true addiction.
My brother in law is an alcoholic. He lived with us for a couple years. Yeah I get it.

I mean that was kind of the point of my comment. Someone buys a 6 pack every night because if they saw a full fridge that was empty at the end of the week they might have to admit they have a problem.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That would be the smart thing to do, but if I bought more I would drink more. It’s also become a sort of unwinding routine; stop at 7-11 in uniform and chat with the shopkeep.

The 7-11 I go to is busy all damn day until around the time I’m rolling in after work, around 8-9pm. Then I’m the only MF’er in there and it’s nice to BS with someone who knows what it’s like to be busy all day.

Didn’t know you spoke Pakistani

barnyard

KTM rider
When I look back at the the worst, life-changing decisions that I have made in my life, they were all from when I was drinking.

I am sure that had I been a drinker, I would have been fired by now for dishonesty.

a911scanner

Hats off to you man.
Only been 2 years for me but it saved my life ... barely ... still have bouts of depressions but they are getting less frequent.
I pretty much was in an 'abstinence' stage for 40 years after almost flunking out of college.
Once I retired and did not have 'responsibility' to keep me in check, I became addicted and deeply depressed.

2 years is freezing fantastic! Don't forget that & keep it up. As all of the experienced ones say, the promises will come true. Keep working it & it will work for you.

Being as I've only been with UPS for 5 years, I'm surprised I haven't had a slip yet.

Thankfully I had nearly 30 years in before coming to this insane asylum.

Raw

Raw Member
Why wait until you get home? Throw a few in your work cooler in the morning! Nothing like a cold beer on a hot summer day!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
giphy-21.gif