Driver article

DriverNerd

125 miles and only 225 pieces? I’m calling bs that would be a 30 year driver in my building.
A coastal hub probably has more distance to travel as the greatest population lives along the coast, not like a central city in the Midwest with a bunch of suburbs surrounding it. Just a guess though. No one in my hub will do 125 miles/225 pieces without 25+ years either.

pkgdriver

125 miles and only 225 pieces? I’m calling bs that would be a 30 year driver in my building.
Only 10% of my center had over 100 miles a day. Im sure some centers its just the opposite. Satellite routes have knocked down the mileage as they have been put in over the years. My final route I averaged 125-135 a day

rod

Retired 22 years
Only 10% of my center had over 100 miles a day. Im sure some centers its just the opposite. Satellite routes have knocked down the mileage as they have been put in over the years. My final route I averaged 125-135 a day
We had 2 routes that averaged 300 miles a day. 200 of it was dirt roads on one of them. 20 stops was a big day.

542thruNthru

Better get ready guys. Starting next year the company will make sure to put plenty of " Anonymous driver" articles out there. Making sure to say how easy and well paid the jobs is. How they get to enjoy amazing benefits and rarely see their management teams.

We'll be pitted against each other soon as well. PT vs FT, 22.4 vs RPCD and retiring vs young members.

Hell we already do the company's job attacking each other most of the time on here. Wait till the trolls start rolling in like any election year. Can't wait to see some of the old faces to help push the contract through.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Better get ready guys. Starting next year the company will make sure to put plenty of " Anonymous driver" articles out there. Making sure to say how easy and well paid the jobs is. How they get to enjoy amazing benefits and rarely see their management teams.

We'll be pitted against each other soon as well. PT vs FT, 22.4 vs RPCD and retiring vs young members.

Hell we already do the company's job attacking each other most of the time on here. Wait till the trolls start rolling in like any election year. Can't wait to see some of the old faces to help push the contract through.
But we're not ever supposed to ever talk to the media right? Especially when a driver gets killed on route.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
A coastal hub probably has more distance to travel as the greatest population lives along the coast, not like a central city in the Midwest with a bunch of suburbs surrounding it. Just a guess though. No one in my hub will do 125 miles/225 pieces without 25+ years either.
Avg. 130 stops, 180 pieces, 85 miles. Bid route. Won it 1&1/2 years in. Took me 2 years to get it reduced to those numbers too.
About 45% of the work is in backwoods no light country, the other half, tight neighborhoods. Ive been told by many an onroad, that my route is the hidden gem of the building. Im just waiting to lose this bid🤣

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Plenty of job openings....

1670855817864.png