Driver Profitability report

Overpaid Union Thug

The singe largest problem I see is having IE call the center 20 minutes before start time and cut out 3 cars. As you probably can imaging can make a poor situation go bad very fast. On regards to my dispatch, I go out there and do the best I can with a VERY full truck...if the center cant run an extra car, it does me or my coworkers no good if there is nowhere to put the extra bulk. I suck it up, if they cant figure out why my allowance is poor, which they can see everyday by my ridiculous load, it really isnt my problem(even though it is once I get on the street).

IE does that because sometimes (amazingly) they don't know if the center will make "stops per car" until the last minute. Sometimes its not even IE that makes the call. I've seen our dispatcher and/or manager both make the decision themselves without ever hearing from IE. Its crazy and we end up with businesses in the 8000 section, entire sections with the same SPA numbers, EDD set up backwards, well, you know the rest of the story. And all of this to satisfy a silly metric like "stops per car." Its hard to meet a goal of 138 stops per car when you have a bunch of rural routes that go out with less than 100 EVERY SINGLE DAY!

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
I would love to see a telematics report on someone who is doing a route and getting 2 hours bonus on it. I would first check their drive speed against the posted speed limit and then look if they worked through their lunch and breaks..if they did then they are recording an error and falsifying electronic records and lp should look into it...period. Just like p-man said, the allowances are not built to be making huge amounts of bonus and when someone is getting this much they arent doing it by just not ringing a doorbell or jumping out of the truck without grabbing the handrail...other things are happening.

The one thing I can say with some confidence is that speeding will not give you enough of an advantage over the allowances to be underallowed. The travel allowances are actually a bit fat. Particularly in a city route, think about it: you can't accelerate enough to get to your next stop in a significantly shorter time than you would if you weren't speeding. If you could, you would be collecting tickets every day. You lose all your time when the wheels are stopped.

Now, working through lunch and break would make you time.