Driver progression in the new contract

UPSGUY72

If you are in your progression you DO NOT get the yearly pay raises (ie $.70,$ .70,# .70, ) . You get the progression yearly raise. Once The OP completes his progression in 2016 he will start to get the yearly raise as everyone else does. So on August 1st of 2016 he will get a $.80 raise like everyone else.
Do you have any personal experience to base this on or is that your own interpretation of the contract language?

I didn't get the yearly raises when I was in my progression. I just got the progression raises.

scisector9

So if I understand correctly in the national starting wage is 18.75. So a new driver in progression would make more than a driver currently in progression? the trade off being top rate sooner?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So if I understand correctly in the national starting wage is 18.75. So a new driver in progression would make more than a driver currently in progression? the trade off being top rate sooner?

Sent using BrownCafe App
I would take hitting full scale faster any day.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Talked to my local, talked to some senior drivers in my center, and they all agreed that I am entitled to the higher wages while keeping the 3-year progression. Most advised me that I should also be entitled to retro pay although I may have to file a grievance to get it. I did not seek the advice of HR or payroll because they are completely incompetent and their advice means zero to me (I know this from experience, seeing as how I came from management). Thanks everybody who chimed in on this.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Raises for drivers are not given to people in progression. Progression rates are spelled out. So do not worry about raises others get. Now the question is do you move up to the new progression rates or stay under the old progression rates.

Not according to the language in the contract:

Full-time employees still in progression on the effective date of this Master Agreement shall receive the above contractual increases. They will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance with Article 41, Section 2 below.

Ok, I'm still in progression, so according to this I shall receive the contractual wages…what's that second part again?

They will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance with Article 41, Section 2 below.

Ok, so what am I entitled to? (old rates in italics, new in bold)

The progression for employees entering a package car driving, feeder or other full-time job (other than an air driver or a job covered by Section 3 below) position after August 1, 2013 shall be as follows:

Start $16.10 $18.75

Seniority $17.25 $18.75

12 months $18.45 $19.50

24 months $20.75 $21.00

36 months Top Rate $25.00

48 months Top Rate

Oh, but I was hired before August 1st, 2013 so what about me?

Article 41 Section 2(c) of the prior Agreement shall remain in effect for all employees in that progression as of the date of the ratification

OK…..then do I get anything?

Full-time employees still in progression on the effective date of this Master Agreement shall receive the above contractual increases. They will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance with Article 41, Section 2 below.

So I get no less than the $.70 raises each year. I don't know where
raises for drivers are not given to people in progression
came from, because I'm pretty clearly entitled to them…OR, even better, I'm entitled to the higher progression wages while keeping the 3-year wait, which is what I'm hoping for although I can't find any language to definitively support that.

So do not worry about raises others get.
What's the point of saying this?