Driver question

Ry/driver

Hi as a ups driver there is a list of driver reponsibiliies that driver must be able to recite. During my third week of orientation I was asked to recite them but did not have them all memorized. I was let go for this reason but was told by my supervisor I could reapply for hire in 6 months. Is this true? Will they give me another chance?

Nah
Hi as a ups driver there is a list of driver reponsibiliies that driver must be able to recite. During my third week of orientation I was asked to recite them but did not have them all memorized. I was let go for this reason but was told by my supervisor I could reapply for hire in 6 months. Is this true? Will they give me another chance?
Yes. Make sure you memorize them by then. In the meantime, ask if you can be a seasonal driver. That will significantly help your chances of actually qualifying if you do get another shot.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Never heard of it

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
No one before orientation told you what you needed to know to prepare? The lack of leadership and laziness of our management team is disgusting 🧔✊

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
Are you currently a dues paying member part time member? There should be language in your supplement and or rider going over this information in detail. If you know what contract your covered under let us know and I’m sure someone will comment. If not, post your general area and I’m sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction. The other thing you should do is talk to your steward and or attend the next union meeting.

542thruNthru

Do you currently work at UPS?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
No I was hired to driver position when I applied in April. I had worked during holiday season as a drivers helper . I worked really hard during holiday season. I always worked whenever they asked and stayed late with driver.
Apply for preload or twilight part time shift and work your way up to driver , you’ll probably get a chance in 6 months or less

allahuakbar

She/Her
Sounds like that hub would be a nightmare to work at. I’ve never heard of anyone getting DQ’d three weeks in for DOK. You must be horrible at the job.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Three weeks and you couldn't regurgitate a few lines?

You gotta' dance to the music playin'...