Drivers on cell phones

rod

Retired 22 years
As I drive by people, and see them texting or staring at their phones....I like to honk at them. Am I evil or just harrasing drivers?
This is Mn. latest cash cow. $175 fine for using your cell phone while driving. They are writing tickets by the thousands.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is Mn. latest cash cow. $175 fine for using your cell phone while driving. They are writing tickets by the thousands.
And that’s all it really is is a cash cow.

When I was in high school I had a CD player hooked into my stereo with all kinds of wires and a book of cds to flip through. I can still legally do that but I can’t hit the next button on my phone. What a joke.

quad decade guy

As I drive by people, and see them texting or staring at their phones....I like to honk at them. Am I evil or just harrasing drivers?

Don't know about evil(nebulous unfounded concept), harassment is a possibility. Disturbing

the peace or something like that is possible. Could you be held liable/responsible for causing

an accident/incident if it led to that? Possible?

PT Car Washer

When I was in high school I had a CD player hooked into my stereo with all kinds of wires and a book of cds to flip through. I can still legally do that but I can’t hit the next button on my phone. What a joke.
When I was in High School I had an 8 Track hooked into my cars speakers.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
they are putting sensors on steering wheels at the the 10 an 2 position. If your hand leaves wheel while car is moving they mail you a citation.

not real but i see it coming. no more picking nose while driving.

1984 is real

rod

Retired 22 years

Most every new vehicle out there comes with a touch screen that requires you to take your eyes off the road to operate. My Pickup has a warning that pops up2 or 3 times a week stating that its dangerous to take your eyes off the road while using a touch screen. This message will pop up as I'm driving and it requires you to hit a "yes you agree" icon on the screen. All other functions on the screen are dead until you hit "agree". That message won't just go away until action is taken. Yet I can get a $175 ticket if I'm caught glancing at a cell phone while stopped at a stop light. Its a screwy world out there.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

Using your phone or holding it?

I drive in a few states with this and they all say no holding the phone while driving. Purchase a phone mount and you can legally touch the phone while driving.

542thruNthru

I drive in a few states with this and they all say no holding the phone while driving. Purchase a phone mount and you can legally touch the phone while driving.

I don't think they sell a phone mount for @rod extra large key pad phone.
phones.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years

There appears to be a fine line on this. If you are trying to set something up ( Where too?) or typing a simple "yes or no" to a text or anything like that you will get a ticket--even if stopped at a light.

oldngray

nowhere special
There appears to be a fine line on this. If you are trying to set something up ( Where too?) or typing a simple "yes or no" to a text or anything like that you will get a ticket--even if stopped at a light.

People fiddling with the radio can be just as much a distraction. Legal though.