Drivers: who else is permanently coded 05 (pay actual)?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Where in the contract does it say you have to ask for more work past your dispatch to make your G8? Thats my answer to my sup.
Article 22.4 is where. Key words: when work is available

RPCDs working a Monday through Friday schedule shall be guaran- teed five (5) consecutive days of eight (8) consecutive hours per re-
port and forty (40) straight time hours of straight time pay each week, if reporting each day as scheduled, as long as work is available.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
And you continue to complain about the union even though you don’t do your due diligence To enforcing the contract, by filing a grievance. You are the problem. Not too many people can say they crap all over their fellow brother and sister and are happy about it, even to the point of saying it’s not their problem. I find it funny how you badmouth the union while you purposely work outside the confines of the contract helping the company. Congratulations.
He's just a dinosaur trying to hold on to a 40 year old provision. Works 10 hrs a day and claims to be part time. Let him have his glory. Let him "rescue" drivers by taking work they don't want. Those drivers are laughing at him.

Whither

Scofflaw
Article 22.4 is where. Key words: when work is available

RPCDs working a Monday through Friday schedule shall be guaran- teed five (5) consecutive days of eight (8) consecutive hours per re-
port and forty (40) straight time hours of straight time pay each week, if reporting each day as scheduled, as long as work is available.
That language gives the company an out for the purpose of layoffs. It doesn't allow them to pre-emptively break the guarantee for employees put to work.

Whither

Scofflaw
I didnt think it was still possible to get rdo?
Have you run Orion on them consistently, filed all your 9.5s, required your air and (especially) ground shuttled?

The new update on the DIAD 6 even shows an option to turn off Orion but they haven't given us the permissions yet.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That language gives the company an out for the purpose of layoffs. It doesn't allow them to pre-emptively break the guarantee for employees put to work.
I look at it that way too, but does the company? It was some of the worst language ever. I don’t like it any more than you do. Like I said earlier, the easy fix is to not bring it in under 8. Let us know what outcome you have with the grievances.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Never. I work as directed like the contract demands. The Ctr manager wanted me to take over a route one day and when I said no the Union told me I had to work as directed.

Nope, 22.2 FT car wash. 22.3 also works 8 hours in the car wash instead of her Hub job. Also have a few delivery drivers that work in the car wash to get enough hours so they don't have to work Saturdays.

I know I've given you a lot of :censored2: about this.

But, it sounds like you have people in your Local that are cutting deals with the company.

And Local Union reps that are incompetent or turning a blind eye to all of this.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
A partial victory. The company is still altering our time cards without consent.

I totally understand your point.

But, what the company agreed to was paying anyone who grieves it.

It's a "sneaky" move.

Their line of thinking is.... why just pay "carte blanche" on every violation if the member doesn't

even have the guts to file a grievance ?

oldngray

nowhere special

It's a "sneaky" move.

Their line of thinking is.... why just pay "carte blanche" on every violation if the member doesn't

Just a cost of doing business to them. Similar to paying over 9.5 grievances.

Whither

Scofflaw

It's a "sneaky" move.

Yessir, I understand the company's rationale.

My position is: they are still violating the contract.

Whither

Scofflaw
I need to put together a flyer re: code 05 and see if I can't convince a few brothers and sisters to join me setting up an informational picket at the gate. One of the stewards in another center totally dismissed the rationale behind our grieves. Like other members in this thread, he scoffed at me "You gotta work with the company; just message in asking for more work." He was incorrect, and that center is weaker than ours. Those of us who know better need to counter bad advice like that and convince people to file.

I know I've given you a lot of :censored2: about this.

But, it sounds like you have people in your Local that are cutting deals with the company.

And Local Union reps that are incompetent or turning a blind eye to all of this.
The Union Local has been cutting deals for at least the last 30 years. But at least the company let us win a few. Now everything is denied while the BA just nods his head silently. Hopefully with a new slate of candidates we can turn things around.