Drivers: who else is permanently coded 05 (pay actual)?

Thebrownblob

The Union Local has been cutting deals for at least the last 30 years. But at least the company let us win a few. Now everything is denied while the BA just nods his head silently. Hopefully with a new slate of candidates we can turn things around.
I also give you a lot of crap but if you’re local is that weak I certainly hope you’ll be voting for a different slate.

reginald95

There's an old timer in my center that has been finishing his route in 5-6 hours every day for the longest time. He gets coded 06 and everyone else 05. Sometimes I'll be done in 7 hours and would get 06 but for about a year now they code everyone 05. I don't feel like making a big deal because I would be going up againts a union coworker and probably ruining his deal. Now I just make sure on light days I work at least 8 hours no matter what.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
code 5 is not an issue with me, I'm lucky if I come in at under 50 hours per week.
Lol me too even when I was “part time” preload I was over 50/week. But the issue is an important one. Those that come in under 8 should absolutely get their guarantee or else why is it in the contract at all?

It’s not our problem if management can’t get their heads out of each other’s asses long enough to get some air.

newfie

Sorry brother I always appreciate your point of view but if you’re done early and want 8 call in, cover a pick up,
Casey invited the teamsters in around 1915. When asked years later why he did so he replied that he was always confident that his people could be good teamsters and good upsers. This solution to me fits his vision

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
I work efficiently and do a plan 8.5 in 7.25 and get code 05, I only get 7.25hrs towards my pension.
I follow ORION and that same day will become a plan 9 in 8.25 with 25 more miles I get 8.25hrs. towards my pension

100%

He's just a dinosaur trying to hold on to a 40 year old provision. Works 10 hrs a day and claims to be part time. Let him have his glory. Let him "rescue" drivers by taking work they don't want. Those drivers are laughing at him.
We’re all laughing at him. He doesn’t realize he’s a UPS puppet. He’s the one that’s always talking to management in the morning.

NW.Hunter

Lol me too even when I was “part time” preload I was over 50/week. But the issue is an important one. Those that come in under 8 should absolutely get their guarantee or else why is it in the contract at all?

It’s not our problem if management can’t get their heads out of each other’s asses long enough to get some air.
completely agree. on the rare occasion that hell freezes over and I come in at less that 8 hours, I make sure I get paid my 8

Yup, same here at the 355. The best part is that supervisors are telling us we MUST call them and request 8 hours of work if we're dispatched under for some reason otherwise we must take an 05. It's not a problem on my route but there are definitely some other drivers who are unhappy about it.
What building are you out of ? Baltimore or shore

This seems to be the new flavor. Runner gunner code 5 punch out in 6 to 7 hours get the old gaurds airs on the way in . Old gaurd 9.5 to 10.5 every day expected for 9 hours on a 8 hour. File 9.5 and 8 s get paid on them 5 months later . File for 95 Committee If that's ever heard. Not the unions fault company is great at stalling and delaying.