Driving in the snow.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Last year during the one snow storm I mounted my GoPro in the truck and tok some footage. Enjoy!!!

1424358222-rallyrt.gif

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Don't be afraid to bring stuff back, it's just boxes. If I had any doubts about going down a particular road I didn't go, even if you make it it's not worth the stress. When I had a country route there were plenty of days when I basically brought the whole route back.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Don't be afraid to bring stuff back, it's just boxes. If I had any doubts about going down a particular road I didn't go, even if you make it it's not worth the stress. When I had a country route there were plenty of days when I basically brought the whole route back.

There were three days my route didn't even go on the road last winter. Lol.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There were three days my route didn't even go on the road last winter. Lol.
They used to always send us out no matter what, it was pretty ridiculous. Then maybe 7-8 years ago they started holding the country routes on bad days, not sure what it was that finally made them wise up.

rod

Retired 22 years
They used to always send us out no matter what, it was pretty ridiculous. Then maybe 7-8 years ago they started holding the country routes on bad days, not sure what it was that finally made them wise up.

Apparently there is no such thing as UPS wising up around here. I've NEVER heard of them shutting down for delivery because of road conditions. In the 30 years I worked I think there was only maybe 2 days they called off delivery for weather conditions. Both of those days was because they couldn't get the feeders out of Minneapolis hense nothing to deliver. There were many days we had no business being on the road but..........there we were.

Re-Raise

Always plan your escape before you stop somewhere. You have to park where you can take off downhill or at least level. If you try to start uphill in a 700 you are screwed!!