Driving School. Georgia.

Early AM

I have worked at UPS for about 10 months now on Preload. I have made a great impression since then and work my hardest everyday. I'm finally going to driving school next week after thinking I was going to have to wait years to go. From what I have heard from others recently they are doing the school in Tifton,GA right now instead of Atlanta (usually where people in my area go to school). I'm just curious for any tips or anything else to possibly help give me a heads up on something. I know it isn't anything to take lightly and I'm going to be on my Ps and Qs. I have a few years driving experience with a 6 wheel 26,000 truck so driving is no problem for me but I heard the first 3 days is virtual and I don't know what to expect. I signed the Cover Driver bid sheet and I just turned 22. I'm happy that I am getting granted the opportunity to be a driver so soon. Wish me luck!

JJinVA

I have worked at UPS for about 10 months now on Preload. I have made a great impression since then and work my hardest everyday. I'm finally going to driving school next week after thinking I was going to have to wait years to go. From what I have heard from others recently they are doing the school in Tifton,GA right now instead of Atlanta (usually where people in my area go to school). I'm just curious for any tips or anything else to possibly help give me a heads up on something. I know it isn't anything to take lightly and I'm going to be on my Ps and Qs. I have a few years driving experience with a 6 wheel 26,000 truck so driving is no problem for me but I heard the first 3 days is virtual and I don't know what to expect. I signed the Cover Driver bid sheet and I just turned 22. I'm happy that I am getting granted the opportunity to be a driver so soon. Wish me luck!

Ask you supes to print out the 5s and 10s for you so you can start studying them before you go. I went to driving school in Boston so I dont know how much different it was but I was in Integrad and had to iron my uniform everyday, tuck in my shirt, if the pants were too long we had to use iron-on hem tape to make them correct. Every day the class was lined up like the military and had a uniform inspection to see if we ironed them. Sharp creases on the sleeve of the shirts, sides of the pants. One instructor told me my shirt was so sharp he could cut his finger on it lol

Memorize the 5s and 10s, test out on it your first day if they offer it so you dont have to hang onto all that info, and once youve completed that, you can focus all your brain power on learning alot about the DIAD (you will still learn a majority of it out in the field). Dont make any mistakes on the 5's or 10's or they can disqualify you (especially if they dont like you, if they like you they might help you a very little amount). Polish your shoes every day (and make sure your shoes are polishable leather black or brown). Again this is Integrad advice, if you arent doing Integrad then Im not sure what advice to give you because I think it would be ore relaxed than what I had to do. But I had a blast. Most of the guy in my class were from Boston, Pennsylvania, Philly, New York, and they all had super thick northern accents, so I kept talking like an ultra redneck telling them I couldnt WAIT to get back to my sister in VEEEEEERRRRGYNIAAAA lol

Oh, and when they ask you "How do you think you did out there" (after doing your on-road portion), becareful how you answer because theyre gonna write it down in your book that they give to your center supervisor. The guy riding with me said, "I think I did pretty bad", and he wrote that down. We laughhhhhhed when we saw that

Early AM

Ask you supes to print out the 5s and 10s for you so you can start studying them before you go. I went to driving school in Boston so I dont know how much different it was but I was in Integrad and had to iron my uniform everyday, tuck in my shirt, if the pants were too long we had to use iron-on hem tape to make them correct. Every day the class was lined up like the military and had a uniform inspection to see if we ironed them. Sharp creases on the sleeve of the shirts, sides of the pants. One instructor told me my shirt was so sharp he could cut his finger on it lol

Memorize the 5s and 10s, test out on it your first day if they offer it so you dont have to hang onto all that info, and once youve completed that, you can focus all your brain power on learning alot about the DIAD (you will still learn a majority of it out in the field). Dont make any mistakes on the 5's or 10's or they can disqualify you (especially if they dont like you, if they like you they might help you a very little amount). Polish your shoes every day (and make sure your shoes are polishable leather black or brown). Again this is Integrad advice, if you arent doing Integrad then Im not sure what advice to give you because I think it would be ore relaxed than what I had to do. But I had a blast. Most of the guy in my class were from Boston, Pennsylvania, Philly, New York, and they all had super thick northern accents, so I kept talking like an ultra redneck telling them I couldnt WAIT to get back to my sister in VEEEEEERRRRGYNIAAAA lol

Oh, and when they ask you "How do you think you did out there" (after doing your on-road portion), becareful how you answer because theyre gonna write it down in your book that they give to your center supervisor. The guy riding with me said, "I think I did pretty bad", and he wrote that down. We laughhhhhhed when we saw that
Lol that is good stuff there man. I'm a south Georgia guy so guys up north wouldn't know how to react to my accent lol. From what I've learned for about the next month the school will be at this current location instead of the normal location (Atlanta,GA). They are sending 3 of us out of our center asap because it's not near as strict "supposedly". Thanks for the advice though. I've been working on my 5 seeing habits and 10 point every day!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lol that is good stuff there man. I'm a south Georgia guy so guys up north wouldn't know how to react to my accent lol. From what I've learned for about the next month the school will be at this current location instead of the normal location (Atlanta,GA). They are sending 3 of us out of our center asap because it's not near as strict "supposedly". Thanks for the advice though. I've been working on my 5 seeing habits and 10 point every day!

don’t get drunk and act a fool on your last nite

clean hairy

Let us know if they tell or teach you how to use the handbrake!
Refresh your pretrip routine as well.
After you leave school, you will not have to iron your uniform or polish your shoes every night.
First day you show up at your center, you will see drivers with safety pins holding the shirt or pants together.
You will hear snap! Crackle! And Pop!
Not Rice Crispies, but worn out knees, elbows, and other parts of the older drivers that are worn out.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Study now, not later.
Don’t hit :censored2:.
Use common sense.

I didn’t go to intergrad in Atlanta I went to another no restriction bull:censored2: school in the state. All young guys. We went into downtown and got drunk every night with the local college girls. Was basically a vacation.

Let us know if they tell or teach you how to use the handbrake!
Refresh your pretrip routine as well.
After you leave school, you will not have to iron your uniform or polish your shoes every night.
First day you show up at your center, you will see drivers with safety pins holding the shirt or pants together.
You will hear snap! Crackle! And Pop!
Not Rice Crispies, but worn out knees, elbows, and other parts of the older drivers that are worn out.
LMAO

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Excellent!

955DE684-F9DC-4FDD-9FF2-B356AEF3F457.gif