Driving School Pay Questions

ibleedbrown

people in my local were screwed and paid 10.50 an hour, people that lived in other locals were paid their current payrate. it was all screwy, depending on what local u were in u were either paid 10.50 an hour or ur current pay rate. we were all fed breakfast, lunch and dinner. we were all put up in a hotel for the week, people that lived more than an hour away or what not were paid for their travel expenses. people that lived further were flown in.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Went to school a little over a year ago. Was paid TCD rate for 40 hrs, put up in a hotel, paid mileage from our center to Houston and back, and got a $25 per day per diem.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you got trained ten years after you started driving? I wish I could get more of the story it sounds interesting. One of the things I love about this site is perspective of what is done from other parts of the country :)

I was surprised as well but didn't say a word. Back them school was 2 weeks long-----best 2 week paid vacation I have ever had.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Around here, driving school is paid at the rate you will be
people in my local were screwed and paid 10.50 an hour, people that lived in other locals were paid their current payrate. it was all screwy, depending on what local u were in u were either paid 10.50 an hour or ur current pay rate. we were all fed breakfast, lunch and dinner. we were all put up in a hotel for the week, people that lived more than an hour away or what not were paid for their travel expenses. people that lived further were flown in.
Does your Local know this?

brownrod

The friday before driver school they had me come in and work an 8 hour day for pt wage. During this day we did all the CBT's and other random stuff. Then the week of driver school I was paid new driver starting wage. I was told that I would get per diem and reimbursed for mileage but my manager filed all my receipts and mileage info in the garbage can. Hotel paid for. I finished driver school early on thursday. Because friday was basically a day for people to take and retake tests they couldn't pass earlier in the week.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
The friday before driver school they had me come in and work an 8 hour day for pt wage. During this day we did all the CBT's and other random stuff. Then the week of driver school I was paid new driver starting wage. I was told that I would get per diem and reimbursed for mileage but my manager filed all my receipts and mileage info in the garbage can. Hotel paid for. I finished driver school early on thursday. Because friday was basically a day for people to take and retake tests they couldn't pass earlier in the week.
Our supes must use the same filing system. I never got my per diem back either.

Fedex Guy

LOL. Good luck with the first one, they won't pay it.

You sure as hell don't get cover driver rate. For the week I maybe got $350ish

They don't pay anything for mileage. Room paid for, YES and no per diem AT ALL

I got per diem. Not paid for mileage. Def did not get paid for the pre req. stuff. Didn't take me anywhere near 10hrs tho. I think I got $16 a hour while in class.....something like that.

Adam2416

I got paid 18.75/hr for a seasonal driver and drove to the driving school and they said that I will get paid .56 cents per mile for driving school and this was like 2 months ago and I filled out a paper to get reimbursed for my mileage and was told that I would be reimbursed within 1-4 weeks and then told from other drivers that I won't see the mileage check and so far still haven't and they keep putting it off saying it should've came by now! I'm thinking I won't see it again