Drug routinely shipped through FedEx, drug trafficker testifies.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is so true. FedEx knows that there are huge amounts of illegal drugs going through it's system every day. It isn't efficient to have all of the pkgs checked by police dog, so almost all of it gets through. I have personally witnessed 50 lb boxes filled with cocaine, many boxes and envelopes full of grass and hashish, and other illicit drugs. We usually only notice when a box is damaged, and my personal policy is to say nothing, tape it up, and deliver it.

I've also seen "heroes" who turned stuff in or knowingly acted as delivery mules for the cops be threatened or harassed.

Joe Nuno

This is so true. FedEx knows that there are huge amounts of illegal drugs going through it's system every day. It isn't efficient to have all of the pkgs checked by police dog, so almost all of it gets through. I have personally witnessed 50 lb boxes filled with cocaine, many boxes and envelopes full of grass and hashish, and other illicit drugs. We usually only notice when a box is damaged, and my personal policy is to say nothing, tape it up, and deliver it.

I've also seen "heroes" who turned stuff in or knowingly acted as delivery mules for the cops be threatened or harassed.

Memphis Daily News and click on Feb 14,2012
check out Memphis Daily news story, you think Fred S pay some money to keep FedEx
name out?

snackdad

The amount of drugs I have seen over 20 years at FedEx is staggering. I have seen wardrobe boxes full to the top crammed with magic mushrooms, 20,30, 40 lb. shipments of weed, coke hidden in stuffed animals, even vials of liquid LSD taped onto cardboard and shipped overnight in courier boxes. I once found an ounce of cocaine, a razor blade and a straw hidden in overnight letter in our supply area at the end of the belt. I turned it into a manager who thought I was joking and went back to his office without it.
In the 90's a few times people would randomly thank me because FedEx made them a very very rich person.
It still continues today. Our keystone cops security team can not stop the rampant theft in our station how are they supposed to find drugs too. They can't figure out how to put a tape in the VCR for the fake cameras.
One scary thing is the self made employee narcs who think it is their job to sniff every package and turn them in to managers who call the overwhelmed local police and or security. Personally I let anything like that go. It is bad karma to be part of that stuff. I live in an area that sees random violence. I would hate to see a drive by at a FedEx station over something stupid like that. We do not get paid enough to take those risks.
Funny thing is that when a drug package gets turned into management they usually just throw it back on the belt when no one is looking to save them doing some paperwork. A bunch of us were on the reload one night and we gave the manager a courier box reeking of weed. When he thought no one was looking he chucked it into the shuttle!
I always wondered what security would do with the occasional box of cash they would find or the drugs too. They sure do drive some nice big trucks on a crappy mall cop salary.

brownrod

When I was a part time damage clerk here at UPS I found a package with what I thought might be drugs. My center manager wanted to have nothing to do with it and told us to tape it up and send it on its way. Dealing with it would be a waste of our time.

LTFedExer

There was a big bust at JFK when I was back in NY. Agents, couriers and CSA's were all involved. Also, when I was down south, we would routinely have DEA agents with dogs come to our station. One time they even came onto my truck and asked if I had a package going to a specific address, which the dog sniffed and found 'something'.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
FWIW.
One day, this week, I del'd something to a "lab". (legit business)
I got talking to the person who signed for it about this-and-that. (she's easy on the eyes)
Person opened the pkg. and I said "hey, what's in there?"
Person replied "buds".
It was marijuana buds.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
There was a big bust at JFK when I was back in NY. Agents, couriers and CSA's were all involved. Also, when I was down south, we would routinely have DEA agents with dogs come to our station. One time they even came onto my truck and asked if I had a package going to a specific address, which the dog sniffed and found 'something'.

I saw one drug dog tear into a package so violently that they had to pull him off and put him in the car because he nearly destroyed the airbill with the addresses and the contents.

SmithBarney

At my old station, about once a week the local drug task force would bring the dog in
and let him walk the belt, if they found anything, the local officers had "fedex" uniforms
and would handle the bust.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
There's a UPS store on my rt. I'm in there everyday del'ing to box holders.
I get along really well with the employees there. (Even better than I do with people that work at the FXO on my rt.). They've told me this in the past and there's no reason not to believe it.
People in my area routinely grow pot.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
There's a UPS store on my rt. I'm in there everyday del'ing to box holders.
I get along really well with the employees there. (Even better than I do with people that work at the FXO on my rt.). They've told me this in the past and there's no reason not to believe it.
People in my area routinely grow pot.

Understood, but that's just one location out of many.