Drug Treatment

Jason Banks

Will The Employee Assistance Program Help Pay For Treatment If I Don't Have Health Insurance With Ups Yet? I Want To Go Back To Work, But I Have To Complete Treatment First.

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
Don’t quote me on it, but I believe if you’ve paid your union initiation fee, the Teamsters Assistances Program will pay for you. Again, I am not 100% sure of this. Check with your union.

Jason Banks

Thank You. I have been to treatment, but my state insurance doesn't pay for enough days. I offered to comply to any condition. Even though I am already clean, the Sap will not let me return until I complete two weeks of inpatient treatment...even though I am doing outpatient activities. I Told Them About The Issue As It Was Affecting My Attendance.

Last edited:

Poop Head

Judge me.
Thank You. I have been to treatment, but my state insurance doesn't pay for enough days. I offered to comply to any condition. Even though I am already clean, the Sap will not let me return until I complete two weeks of inpatient treatment...even though I am doing outpatient activities. I Told Them About The Issue As It Was Affecting My Attendance.
Hit the bricks, kid.

JustDeliverIt

Good luck with going through everything. On a side note, change your user name to something than your actual name.

rod

Retired 22 years
Kind of late now but if that's your real name delete it and make something up. Don't be broadcasting to the world your drug struggles using your real name..

Zowert

Teamsters will help you out, not only with treatment but keeping your job. The company now knows you have or had a drug problem, so you never know what kind of BS they might try and pull in the future just to can you. Stay close with your shop steward.

Whether people agree or not, addiction is a disease and should be treated as such. I’ve lost close friends and a relative to opioids. They weren’t stereotypical junkies, just working class people who got hooked after being prescribed painkillers and it ended up spiraling out of control. I regret passing judgement on them when I had no clue what they were going through.

Anyway, take care.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
When returning to work you will be drug tested every week or so depending on the SAP coordinator you get. Once you complete treatment they will give you a list to get signed at meetings as well for a year. If you fail any test after returning to work that's it you will be terminated and the union will not get your job back. Good luck I know the struggles and all I can say is take your phone and erase all your contacts and stay away from old friends.