dumb question.....picking up at UPS

kingOFchester

Part time worker here. I work the preload. I have a package coing to my house that will be going thru my building. Being that I have a 2nd job I will not be home to get the delivery. How can I get the package at the building? Thanks

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

if you know when the delivery is going to be find the driver at the center and ask him for it.

Actually, if your center is on PAS/EDD, it would be much easier for everyone involved if you let the dispatch sup know and that way he can put it on hold for you. It would make his job easier if you have the tracking number(s) but it is not required--he just needs your address and your pkg will be waiting for you when your shift ends.

Big Babooba

A person can't ask a dumb question , only make a dumb move. Years ago when I was on Preload, I was expecting a package. The trucks that delivered to my city were across the belt from my set of trucks. My pkg came down just before lunch and the loader across he belt tossed it to me. I set it down behind one of my cars. When we came back from lunch, a supervisor picked up the package and asked me what car had that street. He handed it to me. It just so happened that the town that I was loading had a street by the same name as where I lived and I loaded it. At the end of the day, I looked for my package and just figured a driver gave it to guy who delivered to my house. I didn't get my package that day. When I got to work that night, my supervisor said that I only had 1 misload the previous day. I had misloaded my own package.:knockedout:

feeder53

ADKtrails
During th busy season, I had a lot of packages that I was not home for and I worked with UPS and they set them aside for me when I got back from my run, they just had me sign the drivers diad when I picked them up.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Part time worker here. I work the preload. I have a package coing to my house that will be going thru my building. Being that I have a 2nd job I will not be home to get the delivery. How can I get the package at the building? Thanks

goto the truck it's on, pull it, bring it to a OMS, they'll sheet it and you can go home with it. what's the big deal?

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
A person can't ask a dumb question , only make a dumb move. Years ago when I was on Preload, I was expecting a package. The trucks that delivered to my city were across the belt from my set of trucks. My pkg came down just before lunch and the loader across he belt tossed it to me. I set it down behind one of my cars. When we came back from lunch, a supervisor picked up the package and asked me what car had that street. He handed it to me. It just so happened that the town that I was loading had a street by the same name as where I lived and I loaded it. At the end of the day, I looked for my package and just figured a driver gave it to guy who delivered to my house. I didn't get my package that day. When I got to work that night, my supervisor said that I only had 1 misload the previous day. I had misloaded my own package.:knockedout:
That's a classic! Was there a warning letter involved?:wink2:

thebrownbox

goto the truck it's on, pull it, bring it to a OMS, they'll sheet it and you can go home with it. what's the big deal?

I wanted to do that this morning for a package here but the truck already left.. yesterday I had a lazy driver who thought it was cool to say I was not in but I was waiting for the packages since 10Am.. Now today I was not able to make it to the truck before he left who do I contact to find out where abouts the truck is on a route? I can't sit home all day since I have to step out in a few...

One thing I noticed a delivery always comes dumb times..

LKLND3380

Get the tracking number

1) Get a clerk to put a hold on it then go to the clerk and get your package

2) Find out what package car is loaded on and get it off that car before the end of your shift...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I'm expecting one I just get it out of the truck that it was loaded in and set it aside, then have a driver dr it for me.

Actually, the preferred method would be to either pull the PAL label so that the driver can sheet the pkg when he gets to your address or he can do a Find BC when he gets to your address because to sheet it in the bldg will cause the GPS to have a stroke and sound like you won the jackpot in Vegas. Sheeting the pkg within 200 yards of the physical address will ensure that you remain on trace and don't end up on one of those stupid reports that they love to generate and post for everyone to see.