Early Retirement.

bacha29

You brown shirts think that you can and will shut down the world's largest economy. Can't wait to see the look on your faces when you expect to see this big economic explosion to occur when you walk only to turn around and look....but nothing....absolutely nothing happened.....Just a great big nationwide yawn and the entire nation switches over to Plan B

When the communications workers union struck Verizon a few years back.....the phones didn't quit working.

SWG has been on strike for more than a month and SAG walked today but the TV and streaming screens haven't gone black.

With over 100K in management employees still on payroll and you throw in the increasing number of your own people who cross the picket line UPS will be able to function and better than you might have expected.

Thebrownblob

You brown shirts think that you can and will shut down the world's largest economy. Can't wait to see the look on your faces when you expect to see this big economic explosion to occur when you walk only to turn around and look....but nothing....absolutely nothing happened.....Just a great big nationwide yawn and the entire nation switches over to Plan B

When the communications workers union struck Verizon a few years back.....the phones didn't quit working.

SWG has been on strike for more than a month and SAG walked today but the TV and streaming screens haven't gone black.

With over 100K in management employees still on payroll and you throw in the increasing number of your own people who cross the picket line UPS will be able to function and better than you might have expected.
1689281184511.gif

Bingo

What started out as something that was supposed to be temporary until I got “something else,” ended up being a 12 year bid. I got comfortable, kept getting hours, and just stayed. Even though seemingly everything company wise was eroding in real time. With combining Opcos. Layoffs. The nightmare Estar was. The rollout of Valet that won’t actually be implemented. Lousy healthcare, no defined wage progression, average retirement at best, a lousy vehicle fleet. When’s it time to make a break officially?
I’m only 41. I am in very good shape. Aside from going on the retirement website and filing for the earliest commencement date of taking portable pension, do I have to do anything else? I would leave my 401k as is. Just rollover to a new job. Elect to take portable pension in lump sum. Even with the penalty it serves as a pittance of severance in a way. If I don’t make a break now, I never will.
You can roll your portable pension into your 401k without any penalty- You will find that our health plan may not be the best but it is better then many. Actually our prescription part of the plan is very good. I am retired on reg Medicare and a Medicare drug plan and I now have co-pays on many that were free

Bingo

What started out as something that was supposed to be temporary until I got “something else,” ended up being a 12 year bid. I got comfortable, kept getting hours, and just stayed. Even though seemingly everything company wise was eroding in real time. With combining Opcos. Layoffs. The nightmare Estar was. The rollout of Valet that won’t actually be implemented. Lousy healthcare, no defined wage progression, average retirement at best, a lousy vehicle fleet. When’s it time to make a break officially?
I’m only 41. I am in very good shape. Aside from going on the retirement website and filing for the earliest commencement date of taking portable pension, do I have to do anything else? I would leave my 401k as is. Just rollover to a new job. Elect to take portable pension in lump sum. Even with the penalty it serves as a pittance of severance in a way. If I don’t make a break now, I never will.

I think you have to be 50 to qualify for the retirement health insurance benefits. My advice is get your Cdl if it’s still available I think they will keep the RTD’s but who knows at least you have a marketable skill.
No health insurance unless you have 20 years in and then the age factor is much higher

Cheesypurpletees

Sounds good. The consensus on here is always go. Express is just too iffy. If all goes well I should hear back in a couple of days. Starting pre load sort. Then go from there. Do they still have functions that work inside the building and drive? Or is new contract stuff cut and dry: handler or package car?
I can’t help you out there, there’s no preload at my center or “inside work”. Just drivers.

If you’re up to drop the city slicker lifestyle, throw on your wranglers and find yourself a small town satellite center to drive at

Thebrownblob

I can’t help you out there, there’s no preload at my center or “inside work”. Just drivers.

If you’re up to drop the city slicker lifestyle, throw on your wranglers and find yourself a small town satellite center to drive at
Just visited a very small center today about 10 routes. Their biggest concern right now is the new directive from the company to cut out routes and not even send the volume out to be delivered at all several times a week nor make pick ups in those areas. Clearly service is not important anymore.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Go back and look at posts #80 and 82.
You can call me anything you want because the negative reflection is on you.
It all comes down to the following questions that will be answered in the coming days and all the bluster and bragging in the world will not impact it.

1. Walking out is one thing but how long can you keep them out?
2. Can you keep the strike peaceful?
3. How many brown shirts go over to FDX Ground and hire on as contractor employed temporary drivers as a way to ride out
the strike? After all they're "at will" employees free to do whatever is best for them.
. 4.How long will it be until you see one or two of your own guys cross the line one day followed by 3-4 everyday afterward until
after week 4 your entire picket line consists of 2 guys, a case of beer and a burn barrel?
What understanding is there about PVDs? Because I’ve heard nothing, please enlighten me.
This is #80. It's a CHALLENGE to you to corroborate your claim!
Interesting I’ve heard nothing about that, you would think I would have. Are you sure you’re not confusing 22.4 drivers? We were just discussing this suspiciously absent update about PVDs on agreed upon articles.
This is #82. Only a self-absorbed navel gazer would interpret this as a request for anything.

Thebrownblob

This is #80. It's a CHALLENGE to you to corroborate your claim!

This is #82. Only a self-absorbed navel gazer would interpret this as a request for anything.
Yep, and he never met the challenge because there is no tentative agreement on PVDs that I’m aware of. Once he was called out for that, he started flapping his gums about all kinds of other stupid stuff. 😂

Empty Pockets

Early Retirement.
I just got off the phone with Benefits. If we leave at age 55 at the end of October, and get the Pre65 insurance...myself will get the $39,000 to help with insurance and my wife will also get $39,000. However, to keep the same Cigna will cost $1220 per month for me and will double if I keep my wife on the plan as well.

Has anyone done this? Is Obamacare cheaper? Many of us are going to be in this situation by the end of October so please offer any advice you have learned. Thanks in advance.

bacha29

Early Retirement.
I just got off the phone with Benefits. If we leave at age 55 at the end of October, and get the Pre65 insurance...myself will get the $39,000 to help with insurance and my wife will also get $39,000. However, to keep the same Cigna will cost $1220 per month for me and will double if I keep my wife on the plan as well.

Has anyone done this? Is Obamacare cheaper? Many of us are going to be in this situation by the end of October so please offer any advice you have learned. Thanks in advance.
I used my states ACA insurance exchange. The size of your premium discount will be based on your income and the state you live in.