Goodbye and farewell...

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Honestly, R1A was just keeping it real. IBT was never going to stick their neck out unless the scenario he earlier described came to fruition. No other union would even consider touching FedEx other than the IBT and they wouldn't get involved unless they were handed a near-certain victory. He's cashing out because the last straw that might have united all of the various couriers against the company never broke the camel's back. Fred S has done a helluva job of keeping you guys divided.

One of my parents' neighbors (in the neighborhood I grew up in) was a FedEx courier until they started cutting his knees out from under him. He saw the writing on the wall and started his own lawn care business before going back to being part-time. The way they're treating the courier now is ****ing criminal, but it's all part of Wall Street's dismantling of the middle class.
Hmmmm ... I knew a courier that did just that. About two or three years ago, he stepped out on "faith", even though he had a baby girl. He wasn't seeing her at all and he didn't like it (working AM at FedEx, PM with his lawn care business). I've been saving for that "rainy day" ... and oh, it's here. Can't see giving them my back or knees before I retire. I've watched my co-workers use and abuse their bodies .. and it's NOT pretty.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Honestly, R1A was just keeping it real. IBT was never going to stick their neck out unless the scenario he earlier described came to fruition. No other union would even consider touching FedEx other than the IBT and they wouldn't get involved unless they were handed a near-certain victory. He's cashing out because the last straw that might have united all of the various couriers against the company never broke the camel's back. Fred S has done a helluva job of keeping you guys divided.

One of my parents' neighbors (in the neighborhood I grew up in) was a FedEx courier until they started cutting his knees out from under him. He saw the writing on the wall and started his own lawn care business before going back to being part-time. The way they're treating the courier now is ****ing criminal, but it's all part of Wall Street's dismantling of the middle class.

R1a was exactly right about a lot of things, especially the FedEx "divide and conquer" strategy and the RLA. I tried convincing him to stay, but he wanted to put the FedEx chapter of his life behind him. Can't blame him for wanting that.