Earnings Q1

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
People don't even know shipping rates. It's the shipper that is trying to keep the price down.

Lots of scabs out there too cutting prices.
People don’t care about shipping rates unless they look at the number when checking out and it’s abnormally high....other than that I am sure that most people just click click click

“hey isn’t this free shipping?”

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
People don't even know shipping rates. It's the shipper that is trying to keep the price down.

Lots of scabs out there too cutting prices.
Yes but if we raised prices they’re just raise the price a little.

I’m not talking about $10 per package. I don’t think we lose huge amounts per package. That wouldn’t work. But these 90% discounts just to fill planes and trucks don’t work.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Laugh all we want, but this company has been a cash cow cause of business to business deliveries.

As far as planning for it, who saw this on the horizon? No one did, that’s for damn sure.

Its not just the loss of attractive margins from business deliveries hurting us but also the hit that international has taken.

I agree with the posts about our pricing though, customers have no respect for what we do and you see it with customers who will gladly tip the pizza guy a 5 spot but look at us a Christmas, like can I help you or something.

Our service is a commodity and should be priced as such.

542thruNthru

I agree with the posts about our pricing though, customers have no respect for what we do and you see it with customers who will gladly tip the pizza guy a 5 spot but look at us a Christmas, like can I help you or something.

Our service is a commodity and should be priced as such.

What drives me nuts is all the love for the scrubby little Amazon driver year round. Driving in a air conditioned van delivering envelopes/bags. "Oh thank you so much Amazon! You're so brave."

FedEx and UPS drivers treated like its expected.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
What drives me nuts is all the love for the scrubby little Amazon driver year round. Driving in a air conditioned van delivering envelopes/bags. "Oh thank you so much Amazon! You're so brave."

FedEx and UPS drivers treated like its expected.
Yeah it is ridiculous, I’ve always said that 80-90% of all customers really don’t give a hell.

Sure we all have great customers on our routes but for the most part it’s a wave at most.

Yeah it is ridiculous, I’ve always said that 80-90% of all customers really don’t give a hell.

Sure we all have great customers on our routes but for the most part it’s a wave at most.
But those same customers will be the first people to call in a complaint on the UPS driver because they know the company will kiss their ass but they won't say a damn word about the Amazon driver left their package three blocks away from their house

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I've always wondered if anyone calls Amazon to complain
Had a guy at an apartment complex ask me if I was delivering to the right address. I said “yes sir 104 ...... drive” he said ok good because amazon can’t get it through their drivers heads because they keep bringing me isle drive and this is point drive (these 2 streets intersect and there’s 5 buildings labeled 1300..1400..1500 etc and they each have a 104.) his building number is 100 on the corresponding street, apartment 104. He’s called amazon and complained because they’ve brought over 50+ deliveries to him. Amazon says “don’t worry keep them or throw them away; we will just send them another.” And they keep mis-delivering the send agains to his apartment. They apparently told him the drivers are given gps to the correct location and deliver to the gps spot. So even if it’s wrong address, it still gets placed there.

CtrlAltDel

My dad was able to find out his Amazon package was mis-delivered by the picture they take when it is delivered. Wrong color house. Customer service told him to go retrieve it. He said hell no so they mailed him a replacement.