Earnings Q1

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Yes but if we raised prices they’re just raise the price a little.

I’m not talking about $10 per package. I don’t think we lose huge amounts per package. That wouldn’t work. But these 90% discounts just to fill planes and trucks don’t work.

We recently raised an added surcharge of 25 dollars for all (over 50 pound packages) and a couple of years ago started to add a 15 dollar charge for any package over 48 inches (called an irregular charge).

We have been slowly raising our annual rates at a 5% or 6 % clip over the last 20 years. Many would be surprised with added costs with the Extra Large packages, you know the ones that are regularly left off the package cars because of their size or possible damage/repacks.

Some major changes will be coming with the (outside) CEO taking the reins, this Q1 outcome will give her free reign to force many needed reforms on the corporate levels.

A couple of suggestions about our pricing for what it is worth:

a. Distance pricing instead of state to state..Discount
Zone 2 shipping..Why pay the same price to ship
across the city as an area 300 miles away?

b. Start an ounce charge instead of pound rate, much
like the Post Office. It could be possible to legally
start considering the concept with the USPS losing
money hand or fist and currently in Trump's dog
house along with Amazon.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The ounce charge would not make any sense as package weights are already rounded to the next highest whole pound even if they exceed the whole pound by .01. For example, an item weighing 4.01 lbs is charged at 5 lbs.

Distance/zone pricing is already in place.

You should be thankful that rate increases are done over the Internet. In the past the drivers would deliver the new rate charts and would be the ones to bear the brunt of the criticism.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
What's with all this short-change we made 1 billion.
And MF can't tell me it's just residential pricing. We all know PAS preloaders and Orion make resi stops a living nightmare.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We recently raised an added surcharge of 25 dollars for all (over 50 pound packages) and a couple of years ago started to add a 15 dollar charge for any package over 48 inches (called an irregular charge).

We have been slowly raising our annual rates at a 5% or 6 % clip over the last 20 years. Many would be surprised with added costs with the Extra Large packages, you know the ones that are regularly left off the package cars because of their size or possible damage/repacks.

Some major changes will be coming with the (outside) CEO taking the reins, this Q1 outcome will give her free reign to force many needed reforms on the corporate levels.

A couple of suggestions about our pricing for what it is worth:

a. Distance pricing instead of state to state..Discount
Zone 2 shipping..Why pay the same price to ship
across the city as an area 300 miles away?

b. Start an ounce charge instead of pound rate, much
like the Post Office. It could be possible to legally
start considering the concept with the USPS losing
money hand or fist and currently in Trump's dog
house along with Amazon.
The problem is we waive those charges in many many cases for big shippers

Up In Smoke

Yea our center got 2 sales lead diad messages. Lol we pay people specifically to get us business. I get paid specifically to deliver boxes in a order that makes no sense
What I found funny was that most commercial accounts are "no contact CIR". Getting a sales lead from someone who isn't there is a challenge.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I agree with the posts about our pricing though, customers have no respect for what we do and you see it with customers who will gladly tip the pizza guy a 5 spot but look at us a Christmas, like can I help you or something.
Yeah but the pizza guy isn’t making $37/hr plus overtime and bennies. They can keep their charity, $5 isn’t even worth the energy it takes to put it in my pocket.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
What I found funny was that most commercial accounts are "no contact CIR". Getting a sales lead from someone who isn't there is a challenge.
Almost every commercial route I cover now, the driver has them trained to have a spot where they can simply drop CIR and go. Most people look at you weird now when you ask them where they want the pkgs

TTLS1

And their turnover is high so, even though it costs money to train folks, they are typically using bargain basement labor.

they don't train their guys, they sit them in a room for 8 hours to watch video training and turn them loose. Im tired of all the dick sucking amazon gets, their service(deliveries) are a :censored2: show, and anyone of us that works in shipping and has even the slightest idea how it works knows running a van into a neighborhood 4 times a day IS NOT PROFITABLE!!! I see 4 different vans a day in my neighborhood, these guys make around 15/16 per hour, lets say for each hour amazon is running 4 dudes that's 60/hour, how TF is that profitable? then the bezos cock gobblers all throw more money at him and make his stock price go up. Bezos could probably send a letter to his share holders and tell them he :censored2: in a jar and the stock price would go up.

542thruNthru

Think how bad the the numbers would look without them.

Never fear. Most people don't know this, but... in case of a dire emergency the CEO of UPS has this on his desk.
sketch-1588199480627.jpg

Instantly connects him to the UPS secret weapon. :)