Earthquake

moreluck

golden ticket member
Here's what I just felt at my house......

"A light earthquake occurred at 10:29:14 AM (PDT) on Sunday, September 2, 2007.
The magnitude 4.7 event occurred 15 km (9 miles) WNW of Lake Elsinore, CA.
The hypocentral depth is 2 km ( 2 miles). "

Weird, my dog was growling a few seconds before this hit. Just a little jolt / shake.

Anyone else in S. CA. feel this??

area43

More, my Dad is living in Victorville, now. He moved. LOL I'll have to call him today(monday) and check if he felt anything. One other thing. Im feeling a little hungry right now. Two words. Del Taco!!!!!!!!!!

over9five

Staff member
I've had two earthquake experiences in my life:

1. I was about 15. Was watching tv, and suddenly the windows were rattling. For maybe 4 seconds. Strange..... Next day I learned it was an earthquake.

2. About 25. Was outside in the yard working when there was this "BOOM", and you felt it..... Strange, wonder what blew up? Next day we learned it was an earthquake.

Happens in Mass, too. Veerrrrrrrry frightening (not)..... Hope we don't slide into the Atlantic!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Over...the 2nd one you described is what we feel most every day from the bombs exploding at Camp Pendleton.....practice, practice, practice....

Go Marines!!

area43

The sup found it in his heart to give me a day off today w/o pay. I thought I was going to have to file another senority gr(I)evance on the matter. Anyhow, as they say in Ca. its time to "Shake and Bake". Remember that chicken over the counter receipt. It came with a trash bag and a special seasoning. You would throw the chicken in the bag with the seasoning. Shake it. Than put it on a tray and Bake it. I wonder if its still around. By the way I called my Dad. He said he didn't feel the earthquake.

Sammie

Here's what I just felt at my house......

"A light earthquake occurred at 10:29:14 AM (PDT) on Sunday, September 2, 2007.
The magnitude 4.7 event occurred 15 km (9 miles) WNW of Lake Elsinore, CA.

More, There's a reason I don't live in your fair state any more.

Get the heck out of there now or you all will become another myth and folks will be writing about how your lovely island mysteriously slipped into the ocean! :sad:

Have you by chance seen the property fence in nothern California that was split apart by 20 feet in the 1906 San Francisco quake? There's a photo of it on the link below-

http://www.seed.slb.com/en/scictr/watch/seismology/pt_reyes.htm

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sammie....that's the first tremor I've felt in 4 yrs. here in San Clemente.
I felt more shakes in Mission Viejo.
I think it would be worse facing hurricane season every yr. in Florida.
I'm staying put.......at 3 miles from the ocean, maybe I'll be oceanfront in a couple years. :cool: