East coast

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I think ANY pain killers with some type of opioid has that potential. I only take Advil or other non prescription pain meds.
That’s why you have to be very careful when taking them. Regular OTC pain meds during the day, then opioids at bedtime so you can sleep.

MassWineGuy

Advil, etc. only help so much. Upstate raises a good point. There’s a reason why morphine and other opiates are given for post-op pain. If your arm is broken a whole bottle of Advil won’t do squat. And you’ll consider selling your first born for something that stops the pain.

I filled the script I got for Oxycodone (not oxycontin) but haven’t taken any. I think I’ll save it for tolerating difficult customers when I rtw.

I grew up in NYC and was doing grass, hash and acid before I was 16. Burned out and stopped all of it at 18 or so. Later in life I worked at some of the city’s top wine/liquor shops. If I’d ever had an addictive streak I would probably not be writing this.

Wait. How did this angle get into this thread?

bacha29

Never had one of those—-are they as potentially addictive as they claim?
Back during the time of Katrina I was put on Percocet for a painful urinary tract infection. I loved the stuff. Not only could I not remember where anybody lived, I couldn't even remember where I lived.

dezguy

I was prescribed hydromorphone when I blew out my back, years ago. Holy Christ, I don't know how people get hooked on that stuff. Literally knocked me out within minutes of taking it.

Spent pretty much two days, sleeping, only getting up to pee, barely eating before I told my wife I was done taking them and I'd just deal with the pain.

Found out after I tossed them in the garbage I could have gotten $5-$10 a pill on the street. lol

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I was prescribed hydromorphone when I blew out my back, years ago. Holy Christ, I don't know how people get hooked on that stuff. Literally knocked me out within minutes of taking it.

Spent pretty much two days, sleeping, only getting up to pee, barely eating before I told my wife I was done taking them and I'd just deal with the pain.

Found out after I tossed them in the garbage I could have gotten $5-$10 a pill on the street. lol
I had never heard of that before. Had to look it up. Lol. Dilaudid I’ve heard many times.