Eddie Gallagher

Serf

They had his back, but going into a hospital and killing an enemy under treatment? Believe me, if it were someone who I knew had been shooting at me and killing my buddies, I'd probably feel the same way and maybe do the same thing.

But...this violates military ethics. The rear admiral who commands all SEAL teams wanted Gallagher to lose his rank and trident. That doesn't sound political. And he had a lot of support among top military brass.

It sounds like Gallagher went rogue, and he beat the murder charge because a fellow SEAL took the rap for killing the enemy. He had immunity, and changed his testimony at trial, a complete 180 from what he had told investigators really happened.

Ultimately, they had his back in court too.
Sure, that is the other side of the story. I don't know if it's truly right or wrong. Neither of us do. But I'm taking him under my wing.

newfie

They had his back, but going into a hospital and killing an enemy under treatment? Believe me, if it were someone who I knew had been shooting at me and killing my buddies, I'd probably feel the same way and maybe do the same thing.

But...this violates military ethics. The rear admiral who commands all SEAL teams wanted Gallagher to lose his rank and trident. That doesn't sound political. And he had a lot of support among top military brass.

It sounds like Gallagher went rogue, and he beat the murder charge because a fellow SEAL took the rap for killing the enemy. He had immunity, and changed his testimony at trial, a complete 180 from what he had told investigators really happened.

Ultimately, they had his back in court too.

war is kill them before they kill you. its why unlike boxing you have no referee's.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
war is kill them before they kill you. its why unlike boxing you have no referee's.

Like I said, I have zero sympathy for terrorists, but apparently the military brass wasn't happy with Gallagher's conduct. They could have sliced him up and had a BBQ and it would be fine with me.

It was nice seeing the London police off that scum on London Bridge a few days ago. That's the only way to "deal" with them...kill them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Am I the only one that thinks your statements contradict each other?

I'm fine with London police killing a terrorist. Gallagher? I'm not a SEAL, and neither are you, so if his conduct was not OK per the Rear Admiral who heads all SEAL teams, one has to wonder, right?

The only good terrorist is a dead one.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm guessing he has never been in the military and been exposed to a justice system that he seems to think is pure, pristine and angelic.

I'm guessing from your tagline that you're ex-military, know it all, and think everything is a conspiracy. If Gallagher went into a hospital and offed the terrorist, that probably isn't kosher with the military, and that sounds like how it went down.

Am I shedding any tears for the terrorist? No. But where is the honor and valor part of going in and killing someone hooked up to machines in a hospital?

That sounds like Coward 101. So, he's a SEAL, and an instant hero to your crowd. What he did doesn't sound particularly brave, and being a defacto "hero" doesn't clear him.

Carry on with head in sand, and write a letter to the SEAL commander telling him why you're right and he was wrong.

Were you a SEAL?

El Correcto

god is dead
I'm guessing from your tagline that you're ex-military, know it all, and think everything is a conspiracy. If Gallagher went into a hospital and offed the terrorist, that probably isn't kosher with the military, and that sounds like how it went down.

Am I shedding any tears for the terrorist? No. But where is the honor and valor part of going in and killing someone hooked up to machines in a hospital?

That sounds like Coward 101. So, he's a SEAL, and an instant hero to your crowd. What he did doesn't sound particularly brave, and being a defacto "hero" doesn't clear him.

Carry on with head in sand, and write a letter to the SEAL commander telling him why you're right and he was wrong.

Were you a SEAL?
Is this fan fiction, getting your SJW kicks off fantasizing these scenarios or is this really what you think? In your reality did Gallagher walk into a hospital and murder a man on life support?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Is this fan fiction, getting your SJW kicks off fantasizing these scenarios or is this really what you think? In your reality did Gallagher walk into a hospital and murder a man on life support?

In the testimony during the investigative phase, that is exactly what was alleged. The witness withdrew their testimony under intense pressure and then a fellow SEAL said "they" had killed the enemy. Not my reality. Testimony.

trickpony1

Were you a SEAL?

It doesn't matter what I was.
The topic of our discussion is how our government will throw our fighting men/women under the bus in order to make nice, appease, pander to and romance the foreign government in whose country we have been invited.

You're living in a fantasy world of Barney the Dinosaur where, presumably, if we love them, they will love us.

You seem incapable of understanding the minds of those in control and what they will and won't do to please their superiors as well as the country in which they are.

Age and experience will inflict reality upon you. Be patient.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It doesn't matter what I was.
The topic of our discussion is how our government will throw our fighting men/women under the bus in order to make nice, appease, pander to and romance the foreign government in whose country we have been invited.

You're living in a fantasy world of Barney the Dinosaur where, presumably, if we love them, they will love us.

You seem incapable of understanding the minds of those in control and what they will and won't do to please their superiors as well as the country in which they are.

Age and experience will inflict reality upon you. Be patient.

I think it does matter what you were. People who are ex-military tend to be pro-military even when it isn't indicated by facts.I guess you were there for the trial and could read their thoughts, and/or the thoughts of the SEAL commander. There is no indication that we were "making nice". That's your conspiratorial mind at work.

Pretty classy for Gallagher and his attorney to "argue" their case on FOX News so Trump could watch and hear one side of the story. Within hours of the TV appearance, Trump took action. Probably watching and acting from that infallible gut.

Perhaps age and experience will inflict reality on you as well.

Being in the military doesn't make you a hero and/or immune to morality and ethics. TTKU. In fact, a relatively high percentage of prison inmates are veterans. Apparently, honor and valor don't always translate to the civilian world.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
In the testimony during the investigative phase, that is exactly what was alleged. The witness withdrew their testimony under intense pressure and then a fellow SEAL said "they" had killed the enemy. Not my reality. Testimony.
Your hallucinations are not testimonies. I pray for you.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I think it does matter what you were. People who are ex-military tend to be pro-military even when it isn't indicated by facts.I guess you were there for the trial and could read their thoughts, and/or the thoughts of the SEAL commander. There is no indication that we were "making nice". That's your conspiratorial mind at work.

Pretty classy for Gallagher and his attorney to "argue" their case on FOX News so Trump could watch and hear one side of the story. Within hours of the TV appearance, Trump took action. Probably watching and acting from that infallible gut.

Perhaps age and experience will inflict reality on you as well.

Being in the military doesn't make you a hero and/or immune to morality and ethics. TTKU. In fact, a relatively high percentage of prison inmates are veterans. Apparently, honor and valor don't always translate to the civilian world.

Before you malign the character and honor of veterans in prisons and out, you might want to first read the three biggest reasons why they commit crimes.

3 reasons returning U.S. veterans end up in prison - Futurity

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So, the guys teammates testified against him?

Huh.

Gallagher was initially accused of threatening to kill other SEALs if they ratted him out, as well as killing the enemy in the hospital/clinic. At least 1 SEAL teammate testified to this initially during the investigation, and then recanted at trial. That's when one of the SEALs said "they" had killed the enemy in the hospital/clinic, not Gallagher.

So, eventually nobody testified against Gallagher, and the SEALs covered each other. The photo with the corpse was all they could get him on. Obviously, the upper command echelon frowned on this.

Trump took care of it. Ethical or not?

Serf

CID (Criminal Investigation Unit), every branch has it's own version. They actually follow up on possible felonies and violations of Military Law. Without the power to charge anyone. They refer findings to command, legal authorities, JAG, etc. I am in the opinion of some people using this avenue of approach for personal gain, & or personal vendetta. Keep your mouth shut.