Edwards A Van Halen Fan

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Hey Mac,

I think John Edwards is good for the Republican Party! Just about everything thing he does or says seems to give him less credibility.:cool:

By the way that was a clever thread topic...Made me look and it also brings back some memories!:thumbup1:

Sammie

Most replayed tune on his IPod is Running With The Devil!
:lol:

Oh sure, much as Hillary rocks out to Motown and the Stones on her IPod, as she tells it. (Now THAT'S a visual!!!)

And I'm sure you also believe them when they say they survive on Hamburger Helper like the rest of us!!!

Just appealing to the masses, again...:blushing:

wkmac

Oh sure, much as Hillary rocks out to Motown and the Stones on her IPod, as she tells it. (Now THAT'S a visual!!!)

And I'm sure you also believe them when they say they survive on Hamburger Helper like the rest of us!!!

Just appealing to the masses, again...:blushing:

Gee Sammie, did we misunderstand one another? I wasn't suggesting Edwards really listens to VH or even has an Ipod for that matter. The article talks about Edwards condemnation of the other dems on their getting political money from Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. and then low and behold we learn Edwards had a book deal with Murdoch.

The "Running With the Devil" was just a play on the fact that in some (read most or all if you will) democrat circles, Murdoch you would think is the spawn of Satan and thus I was just having some comedic play with that.

If I misunderstood your comments then my bad. Just wanted to explain the fun so you might calm down a notch and have a laugh with us.

Now that I think of it, could you imagine Hillary and Edwards doing Guitar Hero together. Now Edwards would be stopping every 3 measures of music to adjust his hair and Hillary would be stopping to feed you a line! That's political line not coke line!

BTW: One of Edwards biggest sources of donations if not the biggest are from trial lawyers. Who are lawyers and what effect have they had on us? Look across the breadth and scope of gov't as a whole and of those people what is the #1 vocation of these people? Looking for a common denominator of why gov't is so :censored2: up? Look no further!

moreluck

golden ticket member
wkmac.....I knew you had to be joking because anything involving an earpiece (I-Pod, Bluetooth, etc) would mess Edward's Coiffure.

wkmac

wkmac.....I knew you had to be joking because anything involving an earpiece (I-Pod, Bluetooth, etc) would mess Edward's Coiffure.

LOL! I bet he takes more mirror time in the morning than his wife does.
:wink:

Someone ask him what hair products he uses so we can all buy stock, get rich and leave UPS. We could do campaign commercials saying, "I have all of this all because of John Edwards and his hair!"

On a serious note, I hope Elizabeth Edwards beats her cancer again. I don't wish that on nobody and was saddened when I heard the news! Yep folks, I admit it, I do pray for the lady from time to time. Everyone that beats cancer is a victory for all of us IMO.

Sammie

Gee Sammie, did we misunderstand one another? I wasn't suggesting Edwards really listens to VH or even has an Ipod for that matter.

Sorry wkmac, I understood but failed to acknowledge that your article had to do with one instance of Edwards being a walking contradiction. I was being flip in my reply back to you, my comment having to do with how frustrating it is when candidates try to portray themselves as plain and simple Good Old Boys (and Girls). After all, you're supposed to know what I'm thinking, even when I don't explain myself!!! :bored: Sorry!!

The ambulance chaser got my goat anyway when he earned $285,000 last year speaking at nine colleges and universities about poverty. The most expensive speech lasted an hour and cost UC of Davis $55,000. (Where my step brother goes to school). Incidentally, the institutions he spoke at in Calif. had been hit with a 7% increase that affected the kids his speeches were aimed at. Apparently it was unthinkable that he speak on this particular topic and offer to do it gratis. Any irony here? And please don't forget the $400 haircuts... but wait, $55,000 is only about 135 haircuts, so not to worry.

And it's not that he was charging for his speaking appearances. They all do that. It was who he was charging. He accepted the largest sum from a public institution funded by taxpayer money, making more impoverished the very people he was talking to about ending poverty. Shame on him.

Remember, this is the same, simple, loving family man who swore
during the last election that if Elizabeth got sick again, he wouldn't run for office any more. He would be there for his family.

So we've got one 55K poverty speech and another that denounces the "two different economies in this country: one for wealthy insiders and one for everybody else" (at the same time John becomes a consultant for the forFortress Investment Group, known for it's hedge funds while he publically denounces off shore tax avoidance), The Two America's (where people get paid $55,000 for a one hour speech and receive $400 haircuts and then the America the rest of us live in), his rise against souring healthcare costs after earnings tens of millions in healthcare lawsuit scams, worrying himself sick about man made global warming from the office in his 30,000 sq ft home....

Have I missed anything?

If I misunderstood your comments then my bad. Just wanted to explain the fun so you might calm down a notch and have a laugh with us.

I'll try to mellow out at your next party...

wkmac

So Sammie, can we mark you down as an absolute NO for Edwards?

:laugh:

Enjoy a nice quiet Sunday and forget Mr. Hair.