End of year vacation

SnowCitizen

Hello, I asked the HR person taking vacation requests and she couldn't answer my question.

Is the week ending January 1, 2011 considered a 2010 vacation?

If the answer is yes, if you had a "year x" with December 31 falling on a Sunday, would the week ending January 6 year x+1 be a year x vacation or a year x+1 vacation.

Thanks a lot.

old levi's

blank space
Hello, I asked the HR person taking vacation requests and she couldn't answer my question.

If the answer is yes, if you had a "year x" with December 31 falling on a Sunday, would the week ending January 6 year x+1 be a year x vacation or a year x+1 vacation.

Thanks a lot.

huh?

Billy

I think vacations are bid with the week ending on Sunday. That would make both of those dates a 2010 vacation date. I know that during the bid this year that week was the 1st available for next year.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
X + Y =C /Abd +(c3) * xyc === no ,that vacation does not compute.. I know,I delivered to MIT math dept for a year !!!

Big Babooba

X + Y =C /Abd +(c3) * xyc === no ,that vacation does not compute.. I know,I delivered to MIT math dept for a year !!!
It's a good thing that none of it rubbed off on you. I deliver to a college town. I find that the more education a person has is inversely proportional to their amount of common sense. My proof? I was an engineering major 30 years ago. I didn't have sense enough to stay away from UPS!:happy-very:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
It's a good thing that none of it rubbed off on you. I deliver to a college town. I find that the more education a person has is inversely proportional to their amount of common sense. My proof? I was an engineering major 30 years ago. I didn't have sense enough to stay away from UPS!:happy-very:
Didn't like driving the subway for the MBTA LOL LOL LOL what are you doing home this time of day Big comp or vaca ??

ol'browneye

I'm not a vacation expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I would think it qualifies as the first possible pick for 2011 vacation year.

Hangingon

NYE week 2010 was bid this last cycle (2010). Next years (Dec 25- Jan 1 2011) will be bid next Nov on the next cycle. Something about when the last Saturday of that week falls on.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Our vacation bis sheet goes up Nov. 15 per our regional supplement, top 25% get a week to pick then the next 25% and so on. I have until this Friday to pick all 6 weeks for the next year. The week between Christmas and NewYears is the first available week to choose from.

P

pickup

Were you the guy that solved a long unsolved equation on a blackboard and never took credit for it?

brownman15

Thanks a lot.

no its a 2011 vacation

pretender

Thanks a lot.

I think you are making it harder than it has to be:

1) A week ends on a Saturday.

2) Whatever the year is on a given Saturday, is the year that the vacation would fall under.

For instance, the week ending January 1, 2011 is a perfect example--Even though Monday through Friday is in 2010, the week is a 2011 vacation because the year on Saturday is 2011...