ERI

U

upsidebrown

As a full time supe in pkg and a 15 yr UPS'er, this is the first year I've given so many negative reponses on the ERI. It sure seems like 'our' company has taken a different approach to measuring and reaching business goals. During informal conversations and water cooler talk I have heard disatisfaction the last few months from other management in my District. I wonder if this is a company wide sentiment in managment? How come we go along with being 'team players' and 'good partners' when the results have a negative impact on ourselves?
Is anyone else anticipating a lower MIP to 'cover the cost of the contract'? Will our raises next year be limited to a smaller amount because of 'corporate wide cost cutting still in effect'? These are short term sacrifices we accept for the good of the company but when will we,the REAL 'good of the company'get our due?

D

deliver_man

Hey, at least you guys are given some clues as to what the company plans to do. All we hear in the PCM is "O.K. guys, drive safe, and remember no late airs today. Have a good day, and I need to see John in the office with the shop steward".
pkgcartiny.gif

M

mrbrown

A lot of the good young sups bailed when they could sell their stock. The smart ones took a gamble, bought as much stock as they could and when they saw the handwriting on the wall, split. What we have left is a mix old ups sups, young aggressive no knowledge sups, some very good sups and deadwood.

B

browncow

You are misinformed my friend, stock purchases were halted after the IPO was announced. No one, including the "good young sups", the BOD or the hourly employees could buy UPS stock when the"writing was on the wall".

M

mrbrown

Browncow, I wasn't misinformed. Eight or so months before the IPO their was a rush on stock purchase by managers at various times. As far as I know they weren't limited to $ 10,000.00 per year but hourly was. I knew 3 months before their was going to be an IPO but i didn't have the dough. Get a loan? Sure but then the loan payments, capitals gains, etc. for 10 to make 20 thousand; I had trouble paying my rent then. If I knew and I found out by accident you know a lot of upper guys knew. IN a way I'm happy for the guys( Managers) that did get rich or well off. Sometimes those guys deserve it more because of the abuse they take.

R

retired1

Interesting MrBrown, you had advance knowledge of the IPO... that would be extrodinary... if it were true...
stinky.gif

I

idrivethetruck

deliver man you hit the nail on the head....I laughed out loud when I read your post. I thought for sure you worked in my center. We are told nothing and expected to know everything. Whenever I'm asked a question by a customer I just rip off a delivery notice and circle the 800 number and tell them to call and ask them!

S

steward

I just rip off a delivery notice and circle the 800 number and tell them to call and ask them!

its country wide

T

tieguy

"A lot of the good young sups bailed when they could sell their stock. The smart ones took a gamble, bought as much stock as they could and when they saw the handwriting on the wall, split. What we have left is a mix old ups sups, young aggressive no knowledge sups, some very good sups and deadwood."

You realize this is a UPS board? Not sure where your seeing this great migration of young talent. Your not still living in history and talking about the 95 buyout are you? That was 7 years ago. The stock does not build up fast enough for a young talented sup to use in a business venture even with an IPO. Your logic is flawed. So many people run around and tell us why this company is going to hell in a handbasket yet we make record profits and the teamsters ink a record contract. Go Figure.