Ever been beat up by a package car?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
didnt they have to get rid of em' back in the early 90's when they came out with the cdl cuz of the air brakes?? i know alot of guys refused to take them out because of the air brakes and they wern't cdl drivers

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
OVAH nice to see the eye ball back!!! Baboo I'll be going by exit 5 on 90 tonite on the way to Bradley want to me me there with an 12 pack !!!!:happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2:

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I have to say that I've driven the best and worst ups has to offer. I use to drive ol p5's and 8's everytime I covered a route. The one day I had a 135 series p1000, I think I had a tear run down my cheek all day long for the joy I felt. It's not nearly as cool as the older 113 or 114 p1000's but the low step is so nice. The newer cars are pieces of junk. Especially the 47's. They cost way to much money and break really easy. Same thing with the new 57's. The motors and tranny work out ok, but the body breaks on the bumpy roads. We had a motor mount break on one and didn't get it back from it's warranty work for 2 months. I hear they have a new p5 in the works. But it'll just be another Workhorse piece of junk.

Big Babooba

What time? Name your poison. We can both go to Quabbin and relieve ourselves.:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:
Now I've been stood up twice at exit 5, first by DILLIGAF and now you. You hurt my best feelings. Well Cove, I sat at exit 5 all night with a case of Sam Adams. Where were you? I ended up drinking them all myself. It was a long bumpy drive to the Quabbin with a bladder that was ready to burst. Don't worry about your discolored tap water. It should clear up in a few days.:happy-very:

Last edited:

Big Babooba

Exit 5--is that Springfield? Is that the exit for the Hall of Fame or is that Exit 6? Which exit is I-91?
Exit 4 in West Springfield will get you to I-91. Head south on I 91 and it will bring you to Springfield. The Basketball Hall of Fame is right next to the highway. You can't miss the giant silver sphere, especially at night. Exit 6 in Chicopee will connect you with I-291. That will connect with I-91 near downtown Springfield. Coming from NY you would save some time by taking exit 4. If you choose exit 6, I'll be waiting on the side of the road with a case of Sam Adams at exit 5. I'll gladly share under one condition: When we finish it off, we have to drive to the Quabbin Resevoir and piss in it. Boston needs the water.:happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'll pass on drinking beer on the side of the Mass Pike but thanks for the invite.

I have spent more time than I care to remember on the Pike driving between my home here in NY and my brother in CT and my Dad in RI. I have also received 2 "coupons" from your very friendly and very sneaky State Troopers. I think they were profiling!! Thank goodness that back then Mass and NY did not share information re: traffic violations so I never received any points nor did my insurance go up. I was about $250 lighter in my wallet, however.

Big Babooba

I'll pass on drinking beer on the side of the Mass Pike but thanks for the invite.

I have spent more time than I care to remember on the Pike driving between my home here in NY and my brother in CT and my Dad in RI. I have also received 2 "coupons" from your very friendly and very sneaky State Troopers. I think they were profiling!! Thank goodness that back then Mass and NY did not share information re: traffic violations so I never received any points nor did my insurance go up. I was about $250 lighter in my wallet, however.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts wishes to thank you for your most generous and sincere donation. We hope to see you again soon.

By the way, your lovable NY State Troopers nailed me once on I-87 about 25 years ago. I sent my $75 donation to the town of Malta.

Ghost in the Darkness

I started having lower backache and I've never had back problems before. Well one day I found a lever on the side of the seat that pushes out the bottom of the seatback into your back. I retracted it so the seat wasn't bulging out at the bottom and my back has been fine ever since. Those levers are in all the new package cars I've been in too... why is it necessary?! In retrospect it was like riding around with a t.extbook between your lower back and the rest of the seat.

LKLND3380

Last week i was on split car and it was a piece of junk. I would hit one bump and come off of my seat a couple of inches. Lord forbid i hit a bunch of bumps, the seat belt would actully work and hold me in place while i was being thrown around! Lets not talk about driving on the interstate anything over 60mph I thought the car would go airborne. I am sitting at home this weekend recouperating, i feel like i have been in a brutal fight and lost. My back and ribs hurt so bad. I know it is sore muscles advil has become a good friend. Is this common?

I hate when they swap out package cars and I bang my head on the top of the doors while loading. I always expect a gash and blood flowing down my face but it hasn't happend yet... I hate those small cars...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Those levers are in all the new package cars I've been in too... why is it necessary?! In retrospect it was like riding around with a t.extbook between your lower back and the rest of the seat.

That is the lumbar support adjustment on your seat, I believe it is contractually required on all new vehicles out into service. I am just the opposite from you, I need the lumbar pushed all the way out to support my lower back. Those things are a godsend...the low-backed seats on the older trucks offer zero back support and are basically nothing more than an upholstered board with about half an inch of lint for padding.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts wishes to thank you for your most generous and sincere donation. We hope to see you again soon.

By the way, your lovable NY State Troopers nailed me once on I-87 about 25 years ago. I sent my $75 donation to the town of Malta.

Don't feel bad--I got pulled over in Halfmoon, which is very close to Malta. Your $75 was cheap compared to my $255 donation to their cash register. The speed limit changed from 55 to 65 but I guess I didn't wait until reaching the 65 mph zone before I cranked it up to 75, meaning I was 20 over the limit. I went to the AAA Defensive Driving Course and the points are off my license.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
with all the squabbles about seat belts, back about 20 years ago we had a driver just about get thrown out because the seat belt he was wearing was attached to the seat, which was attached to the pedestle which came off the place on the floor where it had been welded.

I still dont know how he managed to get it stopped without wrecking or getting thrown out. but the visual of the seat hanging out of the door while being firmly strapped to dickie's butt. thankfully no one was hurt

d