Every Retiree Should Have a Job

Bad Gas!

My retired job is to stay unemployed. Spend less cut back on a few things..I don't want to be tI'm managed by a tight company if I do decide to make a little beer money doing something.

Bad Gas!

Why Every Retiree Should Have a Job

Part-time work benefits your mind, body, and bank account.
Everyone looks forward to retirement. After working hard for four or five decades, it’s finally time to embrace a more leisurely lifestyle. No more early alarms, meetings, or deadlines. It’s just you—out on the golf course, in the garden, taking care of your grandkids. It’s perfect.

Except, what if it’s not? What if the things you’ve looked forward to all these years—more time for your hobbies, more time to travel, more time to relax—aren’t enough to sustain you? It’s a common question among retirees, which is why more and more people are abandoning full-time retirement in favor of part-time work.

Find the right role with these tips.
1. It Provides a Sense of Purpose
2. It Connects You With People
3. It Gives You a Financial Cushion (or More Spending Money!)
4. You Realize How Much You Have to Offer
All these reasons are very true. After 10 months of no working, I'm about ready for a pt job....But first, I need a beach vacatiom to think about it over a few cold ones..What would you do?

Shiftless

All these reasons are very true. After 10 months of no working, I'm about ready for a pt job....But first, I need a beach vacatiom to think about it over a few cold ones..What would you do?

After 13 years of NO working. I have never had the urge to go to work, EVER!

I get it tho! For what ever reason you have whether you are bored, just would like a job that fits or just out talking to people? Go for it! We are getting closer to the end of the conveyor belt of life!

ME? I want to shoot off that belt and soar into my own crumpled heap as I check out! Sure don't want to dribble off in a heap on the floor with others on top and below me!

I have posted this a lot, "STAY BUSY" ! Stay Alive!

oldngray

nowhere special
After 13 years of NO working. I have never had the urge to go to work, EVER!

I get it tho! For what ever reason you have whether you are bored, just would like a job that fits or just out talking to people? Go for it! We are getting closer to the end of the conveyor belt of life!

ME? I want to shoot off that belt and soar into my own crumpled heap as I check out! Sure don't want to dribble off in a heap on the floor with others on top and below me!

I have posted this a lot, "STAY BUSY" ! Stay Alive!

Staying busy and doing what you want when you want is a far cry from working.

downtime8763

After retiring at 55 with 37 years at UPS no job here I have a couple of hobbies the pay a little money that pays for my other hobbies !!! :) I enjoy it as does my wife of almost 41yrs !!!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I absolutely LOVE retired life. everyday is saturday.
I'm busier now than when I was working.
Was tempted to work part time but glad i never took the job offers. everyone wants to hire a retired UPS driver.
took a hobby and started making money at it. more per hour than I was making on the job. only do it 2-3 hours a day. the other parts of the day is walking the dogs more., gardening or yard work , day trips to country towns , watching great movies with spouse , spending more time with grandchildren , and much more.

been retired 3 years now. better health , very happy , can do what we want when we want

it was all worth it.

leastbest

LeastBest
I retired 7 years ago and haven't worked a day since. 37 years at UPS was plenty. Never again. My only regret was waiting until I was 55. I should have gone at 51.

rod

Retired 22 years
My last final-final work day will be Sept. 17 with my local township. I've really enjoyed working for them (if you could even call it work). It was a great excuse for getting out of the house. Go mow for a couple of hours then disappear for the rest of the day. Other than about a month or so after I got out of the Army I have had some kind of paying job since 4th grade. Time for this old dog to kick back. Some of the jobs I've had:

1. paperboy
2. work at a mink ranch
3. work for my dad after school/summers cleaning & repairing typewriters
4. machine shop in Rockford Il.
5. Munsingware warehouse-Mpls
6. Army
7. worked at a recreation distributor assembling boat trailers
8. worked for a flooring contractor installing the new gym floor at the local YMCA--(until the local Trades Union got me fired because I wasn't a union employee). Hated that job anyway.
9. UPS
10. fly for 7 and a half hours a day in a Cessna 172 with the DNR spotting forest fires.
11. assemble fishing tackle
12. handy man for Township.