Part Timers Don’t deserve $25

twotwofour

Just gonna be honest here, its a part time job for a reason. Why should they make equal pay? If you want to make more money, then why are you doing a part time job? Also, is it really that hard to load and unload trailers? It’s basically grunt work, and you should make accordingly. 21 is more than good enough for what they do

They wanted $25/hr to start, significant catch up raises for seniority pt, 4 hour guarantee up from 3.5 and improved overtime & vacation.

With your point of view you must be aware that there are some drivers out there who are not exactly worth what they are being paid either and some maybe not getting enough still.

I don't think they wanted equal pay meaning 40hrs of pay for 17.5hrs of work. That is a misconception. They wanted more per hour because they get less than half the guaranteed hours as FT. And it appears to be staying that way. I could be wrong on all of the above.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Just gonna be honest here, its a part time job for a reason. Why should they make equal pay? If you want to make more money, then why are you doing a part time job? Also, is it really that hard to load and unload trailers? It’s basically grunt work, and you should make accordingly. 21 is more than good enough for what they do

These lazy :censored2:s want to make PT a livable wage. Eff that

It’s begun….….:sissyfight: :tiesmiley:

DOK

Preload is the hardest most demanding job in our building, so there’s that.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Enjoy even crappier loads and hidden airs

keeping pace with inflation, it should be $31/hr technically

your government has been robbing you for so long you don't even know how to assign value to work correctly

Thebrownblob

These lazy :censored2:s want to make PT a livable wage. Eff that
1690457582399.gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

keeping pace with inflation, it should be $31/hr technically

your government has been robbing you for so long you don't even know how to assign value to work correctly
Is it your employer's responsibility to ensure that you are able to keep pace with or even slightly ahead of inflation? If so, should you then give back part of your wages when inflation decreases?

Gaintain

When I started back in the late 90s…it was $8.50 an hour. None of us complained. We just took the road test, passed & went driving to get more money, when our name was called on the list.
These new PTers overvalue their worth.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

When I started back in the late 90s…it was $8.50 an hour. None of us complained. We just took the road test, passed & went driving to get more money, when our name was called on the list.
These new PTers overvalue their worth.
It’s a common thing with this up and coming generation. They want to do nothing and have everything given to them and god forbid they have to get their hands dirty. I told some PTer yesterday to go full time if he wants more money and he said no I don’t want to miss all the ball games and recitals. Live with your economic decisions.

PT Car Washer

It’s a common thing with this up and coming generation. They want to do nothing and have everything given to them and god forbid they have to get their hands dirty. I told some PTer yesterday to go full time if he wants more money and he said no I don’t want to miss all the ball games and recitals. Live with your economic decisions.
I make $40/hr working PT and that was after a 90 day progression. You have no idea what you are talking about. I am sure that won't stop you.

Is it your employer's responsibility to ensure that you are able to keep pace with or even slightly ahead of inflation?
your employer is paying a VALUE for your work (denominated in X currency), so yes absolutely the VALUE should stay the same regardless of how hyperinflated your government makes that currency

If so, should you then give back part of your wages when inflation decreases?
is that a serious question? do you live on the :censored2:ing moon?

please show me in the history of the world when a Central Bank has allowed a deflation of the currency, i won't hold my breath

i'll answer you anyways though, yes absolutely because again the VALUE is what you're supposed to be compensated for

Family

Go were the money is, full-time. It's not rocket science. He'll I'm going to tell my new son-in-law to get a pt position just for the health care coverage.

anonymous23456

I am pissed, these halftime mother :censored2:ers are going to have even more jangle in their pockets to clean out the goddam vending machines even faster. Such bull:censored2:.
You should sneak a sign on the vending machine that says "broken" the evening before you leave the building. Then in the morning, you have your first dib.