Every year I say it will be different.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I love Christmas, I love the lights, I love the people, I love my family and friends.
I hate that I have not met my goal of being ready for Christmas for 27 yrs running.
I have my cards to get out, not done.
I barely got my tree decorated.
Ive not been to the grocery store in 3 wks.
It is snowing so Im wrapping what little I have bought, because my goal of getting up and being shopping by 730 and being done half way through the day, was shot down, I could not go out, I couldnt make my lazy self do it. and my son is coming to visit, so I hurridly wrapped his stuff this am.
Thanks to amazon, and my ups guy, Ive got some delivered. Not very personal tho.
Am I the only loser, when it comes to being organized? Please be nice, Im very fragile right now. :hangin:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Us folks who are done with the Christmas gifts, cards, baking, etc. are all unemployed. We can give our full focus to the season. When you have to spend 8+ hours and travel time too at work, there's not much time left for you to address Christmas stuff. You still have another week to finish. Some people don't even start shopping 'til Christmas eve.

Think about all those packages you deliver.......you're Santa's helper and fulfilling everyone else's Christmas before your own. You do much more for Christmas than any of us 'stay at home' people......and you're in better shape!
thumbnail.aspx
thumbnail.aspx

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
No Tooner you're not alone. I have ordered one gift, Tarheel cookies from southern season. My step monster loves them. My husband will do the rest online, last minute.

Merry Christmas, bah humbug, and do something nice for yourself b/c I would if we were closer. You are the real deal in my book

Done? We still have a month or two ,right?

My new holiday. ProcrastMas. Held every Jan 21...........or Feb 15. Whenever we get around to it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My Christmas is almost done. I took advantage of my Thanksgiving vacation to get my Christmas cards out. I don't put up a tree but do put a wreath on the door. My son is a snowboarder so I bought him a season's pass to Whiteface Mountain (student discount) and a HD GoPro Helmet Camcorder. I used my Verizon upgrade to buy an iPhone4, which my son-in-law will give to my daughter Christmas morning, and will follow that up with a check for $400. All I have left are the thank you cards for any tips/presents that I receive from my customers. I got the first one yesterday--a $40 gift card to Texas Roadhouse.

old levi's

blank space
I love Christmas, I love the lights, I love the people, I love my family and friends.
Don't we all!

I hate that I have not met my goal of being ready for Christmas for 27 yrs running.
Record remains intact!
I have my cards to get out, not done.
Send New Years Cards instead.
I barely got my tree decorated.
You decorate naked! Oh my! My tree is still waiting on ornaments. Beat ya!
Ive not been to the grocery store in 3 wks.
You have food in the house, right?
It is snowing so Im wrapping what little I have bought, because my goal of getting up and being shopping by 730 and being done half way through the day, was shot down, I could not go out, I couldnt make my lazy self do it. and my son is coming to visit, so I hurridly wrapped his stuff this am.
Thanks to amazon, and my ups guy, Ive got some delivered. Not very personal tho.
Amazon rocks!!!!!!!!
Am I the only loser, when it comes to being organized? Please be nice, Im very fragile right now.

:hangin:
OK tooner, after reviewing your line items, I think that what you need to do is pour yourself something grand and enjoy this weekend with your family! Count your blessings and just let Christmas surround you!

:choir::notalone::its_all_good::cheers:

bbsam

Staff member
I love the Christmas season but have no feeling whatsoever about gifts given or received. It's fun to watch the kids get excited, but my wife does all the buying. I don't want anything and I have a silent, cynical voice in the back of my head that attaches a time frame that a present will be appreciated.

Just remember

God is great, Beer is good. People are crazy!!

You are a good woman who works at the United Parcel ( looney bin). This time of year is crazy so it pisses me off that you are being hard on yourself. From your post I can tell you are not lazy and one hell of a Grandmother. So dust yourself off and do what you can do. I can guarantee that your work ethic ( because ups drivers are ass busters) is above average. So get it done and thank God plus have a beer because you are going to have a week full of crazy people this week.

Last edited:

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Christmas shopping is easy. Last night I made out a list of who I needed to buy for and how much to spend on each one. Today I got up and went to the bank and wrote out a check for cash. Next stop was Red Lobster for the ones I decided not to give cash to. On to Wal-Mart for money cards. Done in less than two hours and one hour was driving into town and back. After I retire then maybe I will think about doing something other than gift cards and cash. Everyone in the family knows the time constraints that are on me.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
OMD (Oh My DOG)
My oldest son just came down and brought me a brand spanking new full o memory compaq presario 2014. While I know nothing about pcs, he does, and it has megadeth, or something gigantic like gigs , or something that holds all the pics I take etc, Im so excited, suprised, elated, humbled, all that stuff.
With a tornado, a thing that looks like a tape measure my pc life is being transferred to this bundle of joy.
I am such a lucky girl.
How do you repay a child for being a total blessing his entire life.

How do you repay a child for being a total blessing his entire life.

Sounds like you`ve paid it forward.

My daughter made me very proud today because while working at her job (neighbors restaurant, her first job) she decided to pay for the meal of her favorite customers, an older couple. She even kept it to herself and just told them someone paid their tab and let it go at that. The weird thing is I can`t figure out how we got her right. Usually you mess up the first try at something.

jaker

trolling
What Christmas I gave up on it 2 years after being at UPS , now the way my family works is I will get what you want during the year and same for me and leave Christmas out of it , I have enough going on at work during that time