Everyone needs to be vaccinated.

tadpole

You’re asking me if a computer algorithm is more accurate than some random guy claiming he went door to door in an Amish community?
From my perspective, I didn't get the covid vax, I got covid, it was unpleasant for a couple of days but that's it. Just like all my friends who did get the covid vax. So I don't really feel like it was an effective vaccine at all. We know coronaviruses mutate rapidly, so it would be foolish to think they give a long lasting protection. Most of the people I know are done with getting boosters.

From the article you posted - "excess death rates among the Amish/Mennonites mirrored the general COVID-19 infection waves in the United States." If true, wouldn't that be consistant with the idea that the covid vax didn't have much of an impact on mortality?

You say that Republicans didn't want to get the vaccine, but I say that critical thinkers didn't want to get the vaccine.

9.5mania

Here is the big issue. The medical establishment and the government went out of their way to stop the dissemination of information regarding the vaccine and Covid. Big tech wouldn’t even let you talk about other opinions besides the government’s position. This should have set off warning signs. Maybe in the beginning you could have given them the benefit of the doubt but they lied about the vaccine stopping the spread of transmission which it didn’t.

Today, most evidence points to a lab leak but the democrats still claim it was from nature. Pay no attention to a lab in China that was studying gain of function with the SARS/Coronavirus.

9.5mania

I am confused how many republicans are against vaccines though when it was trump who sped them through and praises them and takes full credit for them
Hard to believe we all aren’t sheep huh!

On a side note, I liked most of Trump’s policies. This doesn’t mean I follow him blindly however. Politicians come and go and I don’t have allegiance to people, only positions.