Ex-pilots call for new UFO investigation

FromBluetoBrown

Ex-Pilots Call for New UFO Investigation

Reuters
Posted: 2007-11-13 07:21:29
Filed Under: Nation News, Weird News
WASHINGTON (Nov. 12) - Democratic U.S. presidential hopeful Dennis Kucinich may have been ridiculed for saying he had seen a UFO, but for some former military pilots and other observers, unidentified flying objects are no laughing matter.

An international panel of two dozen former pilots and government officials called on the U.S. government on Monday to reopen its generation-old UFO investigation as a matter of safety and security given continuing reports about flying discs, glowing spheres and other strange sightings.

"Especially after the attacks of 9/11, it is no longer satisfactory to ignore radar returns ... which cannot be associated with performances of existing aircraft and helicopters," they said in a statement released at a news conference.

The panelists from seven countries, including former senior military officers, said they had each seen a UFO or conducted an official investigation into UFO phenomena.

The subject of UFOs grabbed the spotlight in the U.S. presidential race last month when Kucinich, a member of Congress from Ohio, said during a televised debate with other Democratic candidates that he had seen one.

Former presidents Ronald Reagan and Jimmy Carter are both reported to have claimed UFO sightings.

Most turn out to be misidentified aircraft, satellites or meteors. A panelist who once worked for Britain's Ministry of Defense said 5 percent of incidents cannot be explained.

But the sightings are often dismissed by authorities without proper investigations, UFO activists say.

"It's a question of who you going to believe: your lying eyes or the government?" remarked John Callahan, a former Federal Aviation Administration investigator, who said the CIA in 1987 tried to hush up the sighting of a huge lighted ball four times the size of a jumbo jet in Alaska.

The panel, organized by a group dedicated to winning credibility for the study of UFOs, urged Washington to resume UFO investigations through the U.S. Air Force or NASA.

"It would certainly, I think, take a lot of angst out of this issue," said former Arizona Gov. Fife Symington, who said he was among hundreds who saw a delta-shaped craft with enormous lights silently traverse the sky near Phoenix in 1997.

The Air Force investigated 12,618 UFO reports from 1947 to 1969 in what was known as Project Blue Book. Investigators concluded that the incidents posed no threat and there was no evidence of space aliens or a super technology in operation.

"Since the termination of Project Blue Book, nothing has occurred that would support a resumption of UFO investigations," the Air Force said on its Web site.

DS

Fenderbender
I totally believe in ufos.When I was young there was a huge ravine behind our house that offered an uncluttered panoramic view of the night sky.You could clearly pick out the sattelites and jets moving across the sky.Then there was those lights that would travel much faster than anything else.They would accelerate and make impossible right angle turns and often dissapear at incredible speeds into the horizon.
Check out this authors views
http://ufoimplications.com/

over9five

Staff member
Me too. I was camping once and saw an incredible sight. Four lights met in the sky, stayed together stationary for a minute. Then one took off, horizon to horizon in like 2 seconds! Amazing.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
www.rense.com/ufo/911ufo.htm
This happened in the center I deliver, it was all anyone could yak about for days, then it was weird, everyone forgot...................
I have never seen one, but my husband has, and also has seen South Bay Bessie aka, the Lake Erie Moster. He came home from a fishing trip and he was so adamant about what he saw, I said " Ok Honey, let me look on the internet for Oh lets call it a monster in Lake erie, and this is what I found.........www.monstertracker.com
Neither my husband or I had ever heard of it, strange since we lived on the Lake all our lives.....and as he described it to me before I ever researched it, the writings were exactly as he had described it. We have talked with a cryptozoologist since then, and tho there are only a few stories, posted, they have many on file. Interesting reading.

local804

Me too. I was camping once and saw an incredible sight. Four lights met in the sky, stayed together stationary for a minute. Then one took off, horizon to horizon in like 2 seconds! Amazing.

9/5 If that was in July it must have been when ET came here to meet up with the crew from Star Wars. If the US military had stealth aircrafts over 50 years ago, can you imagine what is available today?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What he saw looked more closely like the pic at the bottom.
It looked prehistoric.
But I thought yeah right:alien2:, until I read Ron Schafner`sp, accounts of what other people had seen, and it was exactly as he described it, and I know he never heard of it before coz I hadnt, so I guess its things that make you go HMMMMMM?

satellitedriver

I have seen many things that I can not explain, but that doesn't mean they are paranormal.
I can only view this subject with this thought. If there are(pick a number)10 million billion sightings that can be explained away, it only takes one to be true.
We live on a dust speck in an infinite universe. No telling what is out there.
PAX

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I don't get it, we have video technology for just about anybody who knows how to point and "capture". Everyone's carrying a cell phone nowdays with video, where are all the UFO's,Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot video evidence??

Overpaid Union Thug

If there is such a thing as UFO and Aliens then I would have to believe that the stealth bomber was reverse engineered from one of their crashed ships. I mean just look at all the crazy designs of test planes that started comming out after the supposed crash landing at Roswell and leading up to the unveiling of the Bomber. It tooks years for the mad scientists to figure out how to apply the technology but they eventually made stealth technology work. Look at the friend-22 Raptor. That thing is way ahead of it's time yet we have it now. All the UFOs people are seeing are our own planes that are being tested because the Air Force is still trying to come up with the perfect plane. This would be true even if Aliens didn't exist because the Air Force would still be testing crazy ideas either way. I've never seen a UFO but if I do I will assume it's being flown by one of our pilots. Not tiny green men with big heads.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I don't get it, we have video technology for just about anybody who knows how to point and "capture". Everyone's carrying a cell phone nowdays with video, where are all the UFO's,Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot video evidence??
I agree, I always have my camera when we go out on the lake etc. But my husband didnt do much photography then, unless it had 2 wheels and a motor. He does like photography NOW, though. I tried to tell him "take the camera Honey" but you know how ya all listen..:wink2:

Overpaid Union Thug

I have seen the friend-22 up close and trust me it's not that advanced.

Looks can be decieving for it is the most advanced fighter plane in U.S arsenal. That includes Air Force, Navy and Marines. They've been tested against other planes in mock dog fights and they all but have a perfect record so far. A Navy pilot was able to "tag out" one but only after he was tagged out himself/herself and then re-entered the fight so quickly the Raptor ignored him/her because they thought they were still out. I have an old high school buddy that is a Naval pilot. The word around his shop is that the Raptor is pretty badass.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2007/08/navy_raptor_070730/

wkmac

Very good point Local804 as our present Stealth technology was developed back in the 70's. I'd venture to say that what is now being tested is 20 to 30 years from actually deployment to public view so if we saw it now we just might confuse it with something alien.

One of my favorite TV channels is the History Channel among others and they've had numerous programs on UFO's. Sometimes I think way to many but in watching a number of them and then reading a bit on the internet about various sighting, I have noticed in a high % of the cases that these sightings have been near major US military bases or near some type of military exercise. Years ago Popular Science or Popular Mechanics had an article on this subject and they to some degree came to the same conclusions about a high degree of sightings. 20 plus years ago, an friend-22 Raptor at night going ballistic or making some of the high speed turns it's capable of just might seem otherworldly for the untrained eye.

I do believe more is out there in the vastness of space but it's hard to say if they have visited us. But if I was developing new technolgy that I wanted to keep hidden for the time, a UFO would be a good cover.

JMO.

FromBluetoBrown

Would you consider it advanced 22 years ago? Are you talking about just the looks or its capabilities?

I'm talking about actually sitting up in the cockpit. As far as 22 years ago yes I would have considered it advanced, but bare in mind the friend-22 first went into development back in 2000 so alot of the technology is 7 years old. Just like the Navy's do it all fighter the friend/A-18E/friend Super Hornet. The first model for testing rolled off the assembly line in 1996 and first became active in the fleet in 2003 still using technology from 1996.

local804

I'm talking about actually sitting up in the cockpit. As far as 22 years ago yes I would have considered it advanced, but bare in mind the friend-22 first went into development back in 2000 so alot of the technology is 7 years old. Just like the Navy's do it all fighter the friend/A-18E/friend Super Hornet. The first model for testing rolled off the assembly line in 1996 and first became active in the fleet in 2003 still using technology from 1996.

I remember the friend-22`s in the early 90`s, maybe Im wrong.

wkmac

History Channel ran another series of UFO type shows yesterday and I typically don't watch but now glad I did watch one of them. An interesting factoid was given about UFO reports that I thought was interesting and related to our conversation.

It seems that the 1970's decade had the highest numbers of UFO reports from any other time period. Now why is that so interesting?

The 1970's was the time period in which the Stealth technology including the "flying wing" and delta wing configurations were being testing. I'm surprised we've not seen more reports today or maybe we've become more attune to advancements or the gov't has gotten smarter with testing and can do more with computer simulation now.

The reason I wonder why more reports haven't gone up is that for one the reports of the Aurora aircraft but also I can't remember the General's name but he said the next new generation of aircraft will bring Star Wars to reality in that we'll see X-Wing configuration and with the idea of being able to go into low earth orbit. NASA has developed ION propulsion so who knows what's out there!

FromBluetoBrown

I remember the friend-22`s in the early 90`s, maybe Im wrong.

you could be right, I don't have the exact date it went into production. But I will say that the friend-22 and the new friend-35 for all their bells and gadgets are still using outdated weapons. The AIM-9 sidewinder air to air missile was first rolled out into production in the late 1950s, the AIM-7 sparrow earlier then that. I was an ordnanceman on friend/A-18s for 7 years and we loaded bombs that were stamped "Manufactured: Crane Weapons Depot 1975"

Big Babooba

My father was a bombardier on a B24 during WW2. He told me that when they were on a mission, they saw a lot of things that could not be explained. They kept their mouths shut because they didn't want to shipped off to the loony bin. Toward the end of the war, air crews were being debriefed after missions and asked if they saw planes without propellers. Those that said yes just thought that they were seeing things because they knew that planes could not fly without propellers.