Express: truck repair issue

bbsam

Staff member
That big money comes at a big price too, have to shut your truck off at every stop, if you don't, before your front tires hit the asphalt again you get a phone call, some of UPS regulations would make Hitler say Damn, while everyone else is at the party, your just starting to close your scanner down. They know every move you make out there, can tell you how many times you backed up that day, what time you urinated, whether your urine looked clear or not, whether children were present when you did, no thanks, I will get done by 3.00 pm, go home, take a shower and by the time you show up to deliver a package at my house, my motor will be cold.
Coming to FedEx contractors soon.

bbsam

Staff member
Hey, I have seen a FedEx truck at a house a lot longer than it takes to Frisbee a package up on the front porch, no driver in sight, just sayin.
Could have been my house. Sometimes I spend hours lounging around doin' nothin'.

TeamLift

Are they going to install eyes in the sky too ? Who is going to pay for that ? I thought ISP was going to give you guys at least the illusion of having more freedom. I guess not. Don't see how they could do that, we don't work for Freddie or his boys, but they would be entertained in full, if they could watch. Most contractors are former drivers, they know what you have to do to be done at a certain time, I will slow down, but it will cost them.

TeamLift

Could have been my house. Sometimes I spend hours lounging around doin' nothin'.

That's different, your the contractor, I'm talking about a guy who is actually running a route and takes a long time making the delivery at a certain house

bbsam

Staff member
Are they going to install eyes in the sky too ? Who is going to pay for that ? I thought ISP was going to give you guys at least the illusion of having more freedom. I guess not. Don't see how they could do that, we don't work for Freddie or his boys, but they would be entertained in full, if they could watch. Most contractors are former drivers, they know what you have to do to be done at a certain time, I will slow down, but it will cost them.
It's called "renegotiation". Go in, explain the safety concerns and price of the technology and in many cases X picks up the lion's share of the cost by paying higher settlement. There's several options with different costs. Real time data speed, braking habbits, etc. to "in the cab nanny cams"....

CJinx

One of the ISPs in my station had "big brother" GPS systems installed in all of their vehicles so the BC knows where all of his assets are at any given time. The devices monitor speed, hard braking, idle time, etc. He said that the money he saved on overtime in one month more than paid for the installation and subscription to the service.

bbsam

Staff member
One of the ISPs in my station had "big brother" GPS systems installed in all of their vehicles so the BC knows where all of his assets are at any given time. The devices monitor speed, hard braking, idle time, etc. He said that the money he saved on overtime in one month more than paid for the installation and subscription to the service.
Exactly.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
enjoy your 17 an hour (if you make that much) dont forget to pay for your insurance this month when i come to deliver that pkg to your door that you cant afford. think about your stupidity when i retire in a few years still pullin in twice as much as you. But hey leave your ac on all day.........

TeamLift

enjoy your 17 an hour (if you make that much) dont forget to pay for your insurance this month when i come to deliver that pkg to your door that you cant afford. think about your stupidity when i retire in a few years still pullin in twice as much as you. But hey leave your ac on all day.........

Wouldn't bank on that retirement quite yet, one of my former customers drove a feeder truck for you guys for 25 years, retired, things were great at first, now HE has to cover the insurance, which he says he can't afford and claims he was sent a letter that told him he was losing his pension, don't know about that, but, Roadway used to guarantee 3000 per month retirement after 30 years, YOU DON'T GET THAT NOW, they have been screwed and so will you, that's why you UPS guys have been trying to get FedEx to allow us to unionize, your hoping the extra dues will make your promise come true. And not all us of rely on FedEx for our only income. Getting home early allows time for other things.

TeamLift

That female driver from UPS who died from heat exhaustion and was left on the pavement for like 45 mins, she thought she would retire from there too, right ?

TeamLift

It's called "renegotiation". Go in, explain the safety concerns and price of the technology and in many cases X picks up the lion's share of the cost by paying higher settlement. There's several options with different costs. Real time data speed, braking habbits, etc. to "in the cab nanny cams"....

Yes, but who is pushing for this tattle tale, you the contractor or FedEx ?

TeamLift

No push. It's just out there if ISPS decide they want it. I assume some might if they have accident/CSA problems with their drivers.

I always wonder what causes a driver to drive crazy like that, is it really to get off at 12.30 instead of 2.00, or to avoid getting off at 6.00 pm, I don't know. In my opinion if a contractor feels the need to install that stuff, he either needs to hire new drivers or take a good look at the workload. My station is going up over 2000 packages per day more on the HD side with no additional drivers added to help out, leads to a lot of stress on everyone. Contractors love it, they get an extra 20 stops per day out of each driver with no more pay, but it takes its toll and drivers, good drivers are starting to leave in droves since last peak.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
No need to pmi . Just punch out the 2015

Attachments

• 1441412458871.jpg
    1441412458871.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 218

l22

That big money comes at a big price too, have to shut your truck off at every stop, if you don't, before your front tires hit the asphalt again you get a phone call, some of UPS regulations would make Hitler say Damn, while everyone else is at the party, your just starting to close your scanner down. They know every move you make out there, can tell you how many times you backed up that day, what time you urinated, whether your urine looked clear or not, whether children were present when you did, no thanks, I will get done by 3.00 pm, go home, take a shower and by the time you show up to deliver a package at my house, my motor will be cold.

Are you serious or are you trolling?