Extra Sunday Peak Season Shifts

Lessetti

I got my seniority a while ago, but I have a coworker who recently joined up about a month ago, and she is antsy about getting her seniority. Do the extra Sunday shifts count towards seniority?

H

harley vulkrie

Likely, they probably told her like they told me, "We are hiring you for a permanent part time position." Everyone in the hub, except that one person that hired me, says I will be let go after peak is over. They lie to everyone to get them in the door. Time will tell, but she won't be eligible for seniority til around the 1st part of feb at the earliest and then NO time off or vacations for 1 year! Tell her to kiss her summer 2017 vacation goodbye!

Oh and to answer your question, No, sundays don't count

Last edited by a moderator:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Maybe on the east coast (the trash coast)
IMG_0617.GIF

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You don't have any, compared to this in the Southern

Art60, section 4

Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, seniority employ- ees required to work on any of the above named holidays shall receive double the regular hourly rate for all hours worked with a guarantee of eight (8) hours for full-time employees, or ten (10) for employees on a work week of four (4) ten (10) hour days.

Dr.Brownz

You don't have any, compared to this in the Southern

Art60, section 4

Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, seniority employ- ees required to work on any of the above named holidays shall receive double the regular hourly rate for all hours worked with a guarantee of eight (8) hours for full-time employees, or ten (10) for employees on a work week of four (4) ten (10) hour days.

We don't get double time on holidays if we were forced to work, we get 1.5 time for black friday in my local at least. We get 8 hours of holiday pay too on top of the hourly pay. So really we are getting 2.5 time if we only work 8 hours that day. We have never been forced to work on a holiday (besides BF) to my knowledge. The language quoted above seems like a much stronger protection to keep UPS from forcing holiday work , though I'd like to see the contract say that no union employees will work those days under any circumstance.