"Extra work"?? LOCAL 104

Union 💪🏽 Strong

This question pertains to Local 104!
When being awarded "extra work" by management, (UPS asks for help) is the person guaranteed his hours e.g. PT 3.5 Hrs ... FT combo 8Hrs?
Or can management just cut you at any time they're pleased? Where can I find the language in the contract!

Last edited:

nWo

If you are scheduled to work you are allowed to ask for your guarantee. Idk what you mean by , "extra work?" Like you came in on your day off? Or was the extra work after your normally scheduled shift?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Came in on day off! Company was asking for help!

Part time inside language is in article 22 of the master.
Section 5
"(d) All part-time employees governed by this Article shall be pro- vided a minimum daily three and one-half (3-1/2) hour guarantee."

Doesn't say anything about working your regular day off means no guarantee. Your regional supplement or local rider may have other language regarding your guarantee.

542thruNthru

This question pertains to Local 104!
When being awarded "extra work" by management, (UPS asks for help) is the person guaranteed his hours e.g. PT 3.5 Hrs ... FT combo 8Hrs?
Or can management just cut you at any time they're pleased? Where can I find the language in the contract!

Came in on day off! Company was asking for help!

Need more information. You came in on a day off. Were you forced to come in? Was there a sign up sheet for extra work? Was there a scheduled start time?