EyeMed Sucks

czalinsky

Not only do they not cover a lot of things like we had before, but they only have like 2 providers in my area. We had 3 but one closed... And Lenscrafters Suck... Apparently Plan H (the one we are on) was suppose to be put out. So no New providers can use it or be added to it. All other EyeMed plans are used everywhere except H Plan... UGH

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not only do they not cover a lot of things like we had before, but they only have like 2 providers in my area. We had 3 but one closed... And Lenscrafters Suck... Apparently Plan H (the one we are on) was suppose to be put out. So no New providers can use it or be added to it. All other EyeMed plans are used everywhere except H Plan... UGH
I ending up going to Sears optical....my old eyeglasses place wouldn't accept Plan H either. It SUCKS compared to VSP (old insurance). I paid $85 out of pocket plus $10 co-pay for the eye exam for similar glasses that cost me ZERO out of pocket under VSP. And I'm not looking for designer frames....my frames were $110 (or whatever the maximum the plan covers) but I had to pay extra because I wanted Transition lenses with anti-glare coating.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We have Davis Vision here in New England. I just went last month and got exam, reading glasses, distance glasses and prescription sunglasses with $0 out of pocket. Many of the frames available are fugly, but I'm not looking to win a beauty contest, so no biggie.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
We have Davis Vision here in New England. I just went last month and got exam, reading glasses, distance glasses and prescription sunglasses with $0 out of pocket. Many of the frames available are fugly, but I'm not looking to win a beauty contest, so no biggie.
Where did you go? Was going to try Visionworks, which is owned by Davis.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Where did you go? Was going to try Visionworks, which is owned by Davis.
I go to a locally owned shop here in the town I live. I've never tried a chain. I wanted to try a vision shop on my route, but they stopped taking Davis about two months before I was eligible again.

Nike

Whats crap is that different areas of the company having different insurance and such. And yes eyemed blows

clean hairy

Be happy with what we got!
I know folks who have Health Insurance through their employer, but vision is not a part of the health insurance coverage.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
TeamCare needs to be more flexible in areas without in-network providers.

More importantly than EyeMed, the US Imaging benefit is often a tough pill to swallow for anyone needing an MRI. 100% (vs. 80% out of network) covered if you use a US Imaging facility, but last I checked the search engine for a provider on the TeamCare site was broken.

Observer

EyeMed is horrible. We used Lenscrafters - never go there. Priced too high and had hardly any cheaper frames to choose from.
Daughter needed new glasses. Single vision with transition lenses. Wife found Zinno optical - daughter loves her new glasses. You take a picture of yourself and try them on while on the zinno site. Very convenient. You can file for reimbursement for using out of network. Warby Parker another online frame place is high. Daughters glasses were a little over $100.00 plus they were delivered to the house. Having to pay over $300.00 for a single vision lens pair is outrageous. My poor wife has had the same pair since 2009. The Lenscrafters pair (wife had brought frames with her to cut cost) were not filled correctly. They were over-enhanced. Maybe when her vision worsens she can wear them. Her eye doctor checked the Lenscrafters pair out for her. Explained about the over enhancement. Lenscrafters would not correct lenses.

Future

Victory Ride
image.jpeg

The last time I got new glasses it was actually cheaper to get them without insurance.
And I must say....... You do look stylish in them!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

EyeMed is horrible. We used Lenscrafters - never go there. Priced too high and had hardly any cheaper frames to choose from.
Daughter needed new glasses. Single vision with transition lenses. Wife found Zinno optical - daughter loves her new glasses. You take a picture of yourself and try them on while on the zinno site. Very convenient. You can file for reimbursement for using out of network. Warby Parker another online frame place is high. Daughters glasses were a little over $100.00 plus they were delivered to the house. Having to pay over $300.00 for a single vision lens pair is outrageous. My poor wife has had the same pair since 2009. The Lenscrafters pair (wife had brought frames with her to cut cost) were not filled correctly. They were over-enhanced. Maybe when her vision worsens she can wear them. Her eye doctor checked the Lenscrafters pair out for her. Explained about the over enhancement. Lenscrafters would not correct lenses.

Transition lenses are nice to have but certainly not "needed".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have them ....and r included with the insurance ....sometimes a pain ...cause they don't transition fast when entering a building ...back of the truck...forced to take them off alot

Our plan also includes them at no cost. I tried them once but like you said they don't transition nearly fast enough and I also ended up taking them off while trying to climb stairs in a darkened hallway.