Facebook: Connecting With the Past

klein

Für Meno :)
Shows how much you pay attention................I've said I'm not on FB and I never want to be on FB.

And, most normal people know that comic con is real and it's in San Diego every year.

And in Toronto, Canada !

Toronto ComiCON is a series of semi-annual comic book conventions held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, since 2001. Hobbystar (who also run Fan Expo Canada) hold fall, spring, and winter one-day comic book conventions called the Toronto ComiCON at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Since 2004, the spring event has been referred to as the "Fan Appreciation Event" and includes free admission held in conjunction with participating Toronto-area comic book stores such as the Silver Snail. Since 2007 the spring Toronto ComiCON has been a multi-day event.

moreluck

golden ticket member
And in Toronto, Canada !

Toronto ComiCON is a series of semi-annual comic book conventions held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, since 2001. Hobbystar (who also run Fan Expo Canada) hold fall, spring, and winter one-day comic book conventions called the Toronto ComiCON at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Since 2004, the spring event has been referred to as the "Fan Appreciation Event" and includes free admission held in conjunction with participating Toronto-area comic book stores such as the Silver Snail. Since 2007 the spring Toronto ComiCON has been a multi-day event.

Nobody wants to do Dudley!!!

klein

Für Meno :)
Just posted from one of my fb friends and Safeway delivery client :

ok lets see...... first we get boiled, then drowned and now smoked .... Ahhhh Alberta !

Meaning we had high record tempertures here for over a week, up to 34C, than the major flooding (thundershowers) yesterday, which ended up started forest fires now !

Oh well the deep freeze is only a few months away ! LOL :)

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I have refrained from posting in this thread however the Bud Light Platinums have gotten the better of me this evening. My high school sweetheart friended me a couple years ago. She was the "one". She was a shooting star and I was dead weight holding her down, at 17 years old I knew it was wrong for me to try to hold on to her. We went our separate ways but remained in sporadic contact over the years, we even made a pact that if we were still single by the time we turned 30, we would rekindle.

At 22, I met the woman I would marry and father two amazing, wonderful boys with. My sun rises and sets upon them. I would trade my last breath, for their happiness.

That being said, a few months before the "one's" 30th birthday, I got a friend request from her. I waited a couple weeks to respond (Can't look like you're the desperate one in this situation), I even got my wife's blessing to accept her request. Perhaps curiosity got the best of me. I just had to know.

Turns out "one" is a single and successful occupational therapist, living in a large city in Texas. Our FB interaction has been limited to. "Happy Birthdays" and the occasional status like. I can tell you that not one single day has passed since we parted ways, that she hasn't crossed my mind. In fact, I dream about her at least once a week.

I hope I didn't derail this thread, it wasn't my intention as, I had a point to make when I started this post. That point was, just be careful when friending old flames. You don't want to find yourself scrolling through their pictures whilst listening to Train's Drops of Jupiter. It'll make you feel dirty and unfaithful.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's ok all I got out of that was your drinking bud light platinum aka bud ice repackaged. Your more of a man then me strictly because u can choke down more than 1 of those.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
It's ok all I got out of that was your drinking bud light platinum aka bud ice repackaged. Your more of a man then me strictly because u can choke down more than 1 of those.

The worst part is I'm paying twice what that Bud Ice is worth. :(. Comes in a snazzy blue bottle though.

texan

I tried to get in touch with girls from High School. They still don't "like" me.
Different for me. I can not understand. I was not the jock, most popular, kinda the nerd.
Only did wrestling in Sophmore year and got my butt whooped all year.
When i joined FB, all of a sudden women who never interacted with me were oh hi "********
Been a while......
Go figure.... I allowed friend request, but still makes me wonder.
Bless them Lord, I am married, and do not want to persue the past that never was.
But to be Christ like (I fall short) and not be ignorant.

over9five

Staff member
I got an answer from Barbie! Haven't seen or talked to her since I was 17. She lives in Florida now with her hubby and has a son.
Too cool!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was never popular. Imagine that. Now everyone wants to be my firned from HS. I dont remember half of them so I just play along. They thought I was cool, and then I disappeared.
I have noticed all the popular ones look like hell. Got real fat, and the not so popular boys, are happy like me. Jarma. And now hot in mid age.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'm not on FB because my status would always be "at work massaging cardboard". Everyone knows the only good time to be FBing is when you're suppose to be working.