Facial Hair

over9five

Staff member
Welcome to Brown Cafe, Brunson!
Shouldn't have been a w/a to you on your first post!

I think you can only get around the facial hair rule with a doctors note, or perhaps if it has something to do with your religion.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I saw a Saturday driver yesterday with a full beard, he didn't look good. I knew that when I applied for the job, I would have to cut my long hair and shave my face. It wasn't a difficult decision at all.

Brunson

Thanks! I am actually the wife of a driver that was asking. I thought I had seen some pictures on the UPS magazine of drivers with facial hair and tats. At the center my husband drives out of, it's a no-no. Just curious if the rules are different in different states.

arice11

how about preloaders? My hair is long but not very long. I can put it up in a pony tail and it wont reach near the collar of my shirt. Will that be too long for a preloader?

S

serenity now

how about preloaders? My hair is long but not very long. I can put it up in a pony tail and it wont reach near the collar of my shirt. Will that be too long for a preloader?

they don't care if preloaders show up with orange hair down to their arse and nails through their ears and nose * as long as they show up

rod

Retired 22 years
We were allowed mustashes but if you actually kept them trimmed the way they wanted them everyone would of looked like Hitler. Speaking of facial hair has anyone watched "Whisker Wars" on TV? Personally I"m not a facial hair kind of guy but since I haven't shaved since mid Sept my wife won't let me shave now. Apparently she likes me with a full beard & mustache so I guess that is what I will have--- for the winter at least. Its not bad now that it quit iching.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We have 3 drivers with beards in our center. All three have Doctors notes stating shaving irritates their skin...............maybe it does,who knows?

Nickfury7

Shaving irritates my skin. I just shave two times a week..I can't do it everyday. Or my face will be bright red. Maybe one day when j make my ft seniority ill go get a note for shaving

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What are they going to do with a woman in menopause, who has more facial hair than any man could wish for? Jus sayin