Fall Back

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just a reminder, if you live in parts of the country that do this.....TURN YOUR CLOCKS BACK ONE HOUR BEFORE YOU GO TO BED.

Don't wanna be late for church or your tee time.

over9five

Staff member
"TURN YOUR CLOCKS BACK ONE HOUR "

I solve that problem by not turning them forward in the Spring.... Now they'll be right again..... !

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I think the company needs to take this one on. IT means that from now til spring we each get an extra hour of delivery in the dark. It is harder, not as safe, and the production is not as great after dark.

So therefor, leave the clocks alone and do not change, unless they move them forward this time of year. That way one more hour of daylight.

d

wkmac

Neat idea Dboy,

But you'd have to get the customer on board as well or you might have some delivery and pickup issues. I like the idea however as I'm not a fan of daylight savings.

ok2bclever

I Re Member
wkmac,

Actually Daylight Savings is what gives us the extra hour of daylight and the ending of it is what takes it away.

I think the issue for ending Daylight Savings at the end of October is to bring sunrise earlier for the school kids standing out for buses, etc.

So I doubt if it will ever be extended year round.

As a driver I was for leaving it in Daylight Savings mode year round.

As a clerk that gets out in the early afternoon either way is fine. :p

wkmac

We are on natural time right now

As I understand it we are back on natural time after last night's time change back. I knew the DS was for the school kids but now we are about to roll that time change back into late November and move it back up come early February and ........ you know it's not worth this, it really doesn't matter. Have a good evening and a good work week.

ok2bclever

I Re Member
wkmac, you are not making sense to me which is unusual.

Daylight Savings time runs from the beginning of April to the end of October.

We switched back from Daylight Savings yesterday, Saturday.

It has been that way since the beginning.

Although ithat is being changed starting in 2007 when it is being extended two more months.

On August 8th of this year Bush signed into law<!--StartFragment --> the Energy Policy Act of 2005 which goes into effect in 2007 (that sounds like a loser label for a law that begins in 2007 doesn't it?!?).

It will begin the second Sunday of March and end the first Sunday of November.

Wish you hadn't brought up the work week :rolleyes: , but hope yours goes well as well.

Ms Spoken

I really dont see how Bush is going to make this "Energy Policy" save this country any money. We are going to heat our homes the same no matter what time of the day it is.

I like your post double standard, that seams to fit much better for us late night workers.

trickpony1

How does Arizona manage through all this?
It's my understanding that Arizona refused to switch to Daylight Savings Time.
Were they just being rebellious or do they know something we don't?
Anyone have the answer?

susiedriver

trickpony1 said:
How does Arizona manage through all this?
It's my understanding that Arizona refused to switch to Daylight Savings Time.
Were they just being rebellious or do they know something we don't?
Anyone have the answer?
Arizona doesn't change their clocks at all, so they are on Mountain Standard Time all year, so there is nothing to manage; no Spring forward, Fall back, no changes at all. Arizona tried DST in 1967, found it was hard to sleep with the sun up, and reverted back. The Navajo Nation does follow DST, so parts of AZ do change the clock.

Hawaii stays on Standard Time as well, so as far as knowing something the rest of you don't, you'd have to ask yourself where you'd rather be this winter, AZ & HI, or somewhere else.

over9five

Staff member
Farmers are the main opposition to DST. They work when the suns up, so it doesn't impress them when they have to work an hour "later" in the summer.

ok2bclever

I Re Member
My father in law is a farmer and you are right, they bitch about it every year.

I have asked him for thirty years now what does it matter to him as he gets up with the sun and goes to bed with the sun?

He has never given me an answer.

Just grumps and says darn Daylight Savings Time. :D

ok2bclever

I Re Member
Well my father in law does, but I don't know why as he cannot set the alarm, keep it turned off, nor hear it. :D:p

But he is a great guy and a solid, realiable giant that could work most of us into the ground even at his present age of 70.

Still farming full-time !