Family sues Tesla after 15yo dies....automated vehicles....sure.

quad decade guy

Fear of losing your job to self-driving vehicles?

Hardly. This headline will go to the moon in occurrence as the fleet grows.

And imagine a Tesla or several grind to a halt to avoid collisions on the 5 in LA or any other busy road/freeway. Add in drunks and pedestrians or BLM marchers on the freeway....a horse or cow!

I saw a self-driving hydrogen taxi type vehicle in operation in Easten Europe of all places...Slow as friend and just laughable. HYDROGEN? OMG.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

And imagine a Tesla or several grind to a halt to avoid collisions on the 5 in LA or any other busy road/freeway. Add in drunks and pedestrians or BLM marchers on the freeway....a horse or cow!

I saw a self-driving hydrogen taxi type vehicle in operation in Easten Europe of all places...Slow as friend and just laughable. HYDROGEN? OMG.
Link?

Brownslave688

And yes. Hydrogen fuel cell is where a lot of money should be spent on R&D. Batteries are pretty terrible for the environment also. Hydrogen has a waste product of…..water

Brownslave688

Ahhh so pulled out in front of a vehicle going 60 and not wearing a seatbelt. Yeah totally a reason to stop all auto drive vehicles. Lol

BeefiestMass

It's only a matter of time, but probably not real soon. Wait until a competent firm starts mass producing the technology, not just an idiot savant ringmaster like Musk.

quad decade guy

Till it blows up and takes out the block.
Bravo! Notice how he completely avoided that part. And then civilians fueling hydrogen.....or working on those systems in the home garage....oh boy! Or visions of hydrogen rockets blowing up on launch pads.....Zeppelins.....

Hydrogen....it's just water......

Brownslave688

Bravo! Notice how he completely avoided that part. And then civilians fueling hydrogen.....or working on those systems in the home garage....oh boy! Or visions of hydrogen rockets blowing up on launch pads.....Zeppelins.....

Hydrogen....it's just water......
I wouldn’t expect a boomer to understand technological progress. Battery powered cars catch on fire and blow up….

I simply stated where R&D money should be spent. Go for decade 5 or 6 and it may just be a hydrogen powered feeder you’re in.

Off the leash

Yeah I’m sure technology hasn’t changed at all since the Hindenburg. Lmao. Come on man
They’ve been working on hydrogen fuel cells for decades. The sticky part is people fueling them, very dangerous stuff. People don’t follow the rules at gas stations, they’re on phones when it clearly states to not do that. I wouldn’t want to live near a hydrogen fuel station. Other than that it’s all good

Brownslave688

They’ve been working on hydrogen fuel cells for decades. The sticky part is people fueling them, very dangerous stuff. People don’t follow the rules at gas stations, they’re on phones when it clearly states to not do that. I wouldn’t want to live near a hydrogen fuel station. Other than that it’s all good
The phone thing is a total myth. Those are feel good stickers. Nothing more. Nothing official about those at all.

In the grand scheme of hydrogen as a fuel source I see safe fueling as a fairly minor last hurdle.

quad decade guy

All good....

Obviously not.

Just air...water....right?

Uh no.

I see compressed hydrogen tankers all the time...I would never drive any flammable tanker.