FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warning letter

Who all has a fan installed in their trucks?????? Been asking for one for years with no luck!!!! Everywhere I go, on vacation, I notice UPS trucks with fans!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I know some of you have them.....

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
I have one in my truck. all we have to do is ask and they install it if the have one on hand or they order one for the truck.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I haven't seen one in a package car here in decades. I think the news said we were supposed to have had a heat index of 105 today.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
I have one in my truck. all we have to do is ask and they install it if the have one on hand or they order one for the truck.
The truck on the route next to mine has a fan so I requested one a couple of months ago. I was told "there is a freeze on all fans for package cars at the moment". Figures!

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have these guys follow me around all day and applaud my effort since UPS will never give me the pat on the back I so deserve.

Ireland-fans-before-the-g-001.jpg

JonFrum

ARTICLE 18. SAFETY AND HEALTH EQUIPMENT, ACCIDENTS AND REPORTS
Section 14. Package Cars

"All new package cars, P-32 and larger, added to the fleet shall be equipped with package compartment venting. Upon ratification of this Agreement, the Climatic Conditions Committee shall meet to evaluate and, if needed, recommend appropriate method(s) for venting the package compartments. The installation of cab compartment fans will be determined by individual districts."

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't recall ever not having one in my pc. They are a lifesaver on a hot day. I always found it amazing that UPS had no problem spending money to keep their tech equipment in some climate controlled 70 degree room but didn't give a crap if their employees were suffering heat stroke. To hell with the numbers---take care of yourselves in the heat.

kingOFchester

No fans here.

Did have a PCM on Tuesday when we had heat index of 105.

"Stay hydrated, if you have a heat stroke you will be suspended. You are warned. Don't be calling in and say that you are dizzy and having signs of heat stroke. You have been told to drink water."

kingOFchester

ARTICLE 18. SAFETY AND HEALTH EQUIPMENT, ACCIDENTS AND REPORTS
Section 14. Package Cars

"All new package cars, P-32 and larger, added to the fleet shall be equipped with package compartment venting. Upon ratification of this Agreement, the Climatic Conditions Committee shall meet to evaluate and, if needed, recommend appropriate method(s) for venting the package compartments. The installation of cab compartment fans will be determined by individual districts."

More weak language from the contract.