Fantasy Football

Just a little reminder...Tomorrow is week 2...There were a few teams that didn't even show up last week...Boy, Tie's defense sure showed up though.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Sad is me.

I get to attend a game in Green Bay today.

I love my Drew Brees.
But I just can't help think how bad the Lion's stink.

My former love, Brett, loves to beat those Lion's bloody.

Am I making a mistake by playing my stud.
When Brett could could hurt the Lions with a thud.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
The Sunday game in Green Bay.

Fantasy?

Ed was the ref!!!
Pinch me.:wink2:

Awesome pregame.
Parents of two soldiers serving in Iraq were honored.
Pictures of their two sons where placed on the scoreboard.

Then from the corner of the stadium - the crowd goes crazy - their son walks to them on special leave from Iraq.

The scoreboard reads that a Naval fly over will occur.

The National Anthem plays...tears stream down my face and my hand on my heart.

Streaking across the sky above, I felt so close that I could reach out and touch those Naval Aviators in the sky and hold them in my hand.

Nothing needs to remind me that I am proud to be an American - in that moment, I was proud to live in a country that celebrates our soldiers and their families and friends.

The tears in my eyes come natural. The gentleman sitting two rows behind me, his tears flowed even harder. I struggled to get to him and hold him. He allowed me to touch his MIA baseball cap and wipe his tears.

I thanked him for his service. I thanked him for making sure that our boys would never endure the treatment his peers received when they came home.

And the frosting on my cake...the Saints were winning in Philly!!!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Bubble Head is the 2009 Brown cafe Fantasy Football champ! He beat the almighty (me) by 3 points in the championship game. Congrats to Bubble head and I hope everyone of you will be back next year. I will get started on the league a little earlier this next season.