Fat

moreluck

golden ticket member
Today, I read in the paper that, "if people keep gaining weight at the current rate, fat will be the norm by 2015."

"75% of U.S. adults are overweight and 41% are obese."

So, my plan is to wait the 8 years (God willing) and then I'll be normal and my doctor will be the emaciated stick-man!!!

Sammie

Many people don't cook. They have drop dead gorgeous homes and to die for kitchens, but no one cooks in them. :confused:1 Fast food has become the norm and people lack discipline. When you feel full, push your self away from the table!

And I know I'm going to get a ration about this one, but supposedlyMississippi,famous for its MUD PIE :helpsmili, ranks the highest in the nation for obesity followed by Alabama and West Virginia.

Let's see, there's a gazillion commercials on TV promoting junk food.
Restaurants compete with each other by serving gigantic meals.
Are parents putting a salad on the table every night? And being good role models?
How many kids go out and play opposed to sitting at the computer? That one's a no brainer.
Take the Starbucks, pop, chip and candy machines out of the schools.
P.E. should be a mandatory class in school again. It used to be!

Adults can get by on what, about 2000 calories a day without a weight gain and your typical restaurant meal contains 1000 calories...

The New York Times recently ran an article on McDonald’s. It said that three new McDonald’s come on line every day, that a corporate goal is to have no American more than four minutes from one of its restaurants, and that seven percent of Americans eat at McDonald’s on any given day. And that’s only one chain. :ohmy:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
God willing I will be avg weight by then 2015.......
I have been enjoying cooking again, My husband always does it but its been my turn lately. I know with the UPS lifestyle, gettin home late and all, I need to pack a lunch, eating at 8 or 9 pm has been my downfall. So the new improved tooner household will cook the night before, for the next day. And it will be healthy. We dont eat fast food, but when you get home late, you eat fast. And then you go to bed. And that is killer.

"perhaps everyone should be required to work @ UPS for 1 year"
That doesnt last forever. I lost 40 when I started. Now I cant lose a pound doing the same thing.

area43

The New York Times recently ran an article on McDonald’s. It said that three new McDonald’s come on line every day, that a corporate goal is to have no American more than four minutes from one of its restaurants, and that seven percent of Americans eat at McDonald’s on any given day. And that’s only one chain. :ohmy:

All I can say to that is "Super Size Me" LOL. Hey Sam or anyone else did you see the movie, more like a documentary on super size me. Where a guy lives on nothing but McDonalds for 30 days. It was just a down right low blow to poor old Ronald. Nobody in their right mind would eat 3 meals a day for 30 days. I believed he averaged about 5,000 calories a day. Good God. I sure do miss the hamburgerler, he was weird looking and funny. I wish they would bring him back. LOL

Sammie

All I can say to that is "Super Size Me" LOL. Hey Sam or anyone else did you see the movie, more like a documentary on super size me. Where a guy lives on nothing but McDonalds for 30 days. It was just a down right low blow to poor old Ronald. Nobody in their right mind would eat 3 meals a day for 30 days. I believed he averaged about 5,000 calories a day. Good God. I sure do miss the hamburgerler, he was weird looking and funny. I wish they would bring him back. LOL

Nope, A43, can't say that I saw your movie. I don't do comedy, I like movies that rip your heart out (House of Sand and Fog would be a good example). :sad:

I was raised on McDonalds so I avoid that place like the plague but I heard that the guy who made the movie gained what, 30 pounds in a month? Now that had to be really good for him!

Hey, Tooner. I've been doing the cook the night before deal forever because everybody wants to eat as soon as they fall thru the front door. Thank God for crock pots and I slow cook turkeys
overnight or all day every so often, as you can stretch that out for a meal or two. I don't care for that kind of bird myself, but I can deal with turkey enchiladas if I must...:chef:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ive been trying to do all the healthy cooking, but old habits die hard, I just want a steak sooooooooo bad.
But chicken, turkey, lean pork, is all fine. I know we put too much value on food as in we should eat to live not live to eat, but its all a part of the lifestyle. Ive been visiting web md alot for recipes. See ya later, gotta cook something:confused:1

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tooner
I'm pretty sure that the ADA (American Diabetes Assoc) website offers recipes too. The diabetic's diet is very heart healthy too. They have a nutrition & recipe section. Just type in American Diabetes Association in your search area.

satellitedriver

Ive been trying to do all the healthy cooking, but old habits die hard, I just want a steak sooooooooo bad.
But chicken, turkey, lean pork, is all fine. I know we put too much value on food as in we should eat to live not live to eat, but its all a part of the lifestyle. Ive been visiting web md alot for recipes. See ya later, gotta cook something:confused:1
Steak is good for ya.

over9five

Staff member
"Steak is good for ya."

Yeah....Steak....with CHEESE...... and onions.......peppers....MUSHROOMS..... lotsa A1....

MMmmmmmmmmm!

DS

Fenderbender
And pancakes with tons of bacon,perogies with sour cream,and
my favorite at 11pm when I`m well ...relaxed...macaroni and fries!

Sammie

Tooner,

You have my full permission to smack a couple of people upside the head.... :mad:

And to maybe delete a recent post.....

govols019

You smell that?
I eat until my wife takes the plate from me. She has too otherwise I'll keep on until I get sick. I love good food.

On a side note, I can eat right before bed and wake up the next morning and have lost weight. Yeah high metabolism.