Fed ex to have casuals deliver resi e2s

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
friend the share holers

Certain shareholders want the company to operate more like a business; everyone hates those shareholders for wanting that. The company refuses to do what those shareholders want; everyone hates the company for doing that.

Then there's the issue that your 401k and pension require strong performance in the companies that they're invested in...

Oh well.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Someone realized that paying a topped-out courier to deliver the lowest priority and lowest yielding freight wasn't a bright idea when you can get the same work done for $10/hour less and no benefits.
Only took them 46 years. So impressive.

Cactus

The alternative was no raise (which is the fate bestowed upon many of us salaried types), layoffs, suspension of 401k contributions, and charging through the nose for health insurance, for starters.
Sucks to be you.

You're too stubborn to realize it, but there are dozens of other measures that could be taken that would be more effective, be effective sooner, and at a greater expense to the hourly employee. There are also large shareholders who are raising holy hell because those measures aren't being taken.
Sucks to be them.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The alternative was no raise (which is the fate bestowed upon many of us salaried types), layoffs, suspension of 401k contributions, and charging through the nose for health insurance, for starters.

You're too stubborn to realize it, but there are dozens of other measures that could be taken that would be more effective, be effective sooner, and at a greater expense to the hourly employee. There are also large shareholders who are raising holy hell because those measures aren't being taken.
Stubborn? No, I’m clear-eyed when it comes to the reality that FedEx holds all the cards pertaining to employment.

The resentment is for the platitudes we’re fed, when all you’re doing is blowing smoke up our asses. Then you come along to justify the lies.

El Morado Diablo

Our Sr. Mgr has told our Mgr the company is looking to do this in our area.

Really doesn't make much sense after we hired a bunch of people to keep the Priority service levels as high as possible. If the freight actually arrived on time we wouldn't need a third of the people we have now.

Cactus

Our Sr. Mgr has told our Mgr the company is looking to do this in our area.

Really doesn't make much sense after we hired a bunch of people to keep the Priority service levels as high as possible. If the freight actually arrived on time we wouldn't need a third of the people we have now.
Better have “the world on time” decals peeled off every vehicle. There was a time when those words actually meant something but then the company got greedy and said to hell with on time launches and arrivals.

59 Dano

Stubborn? No, I’m clear-eyed when it comes to the reality that FedEx holds all the cards pertaining to employment.

The resentment is for the platitudes we’re fed, when all you’re doing is blowing smoke up our asses. Then you come along to justify the lies.

Once delivered a P1 at 1100 on a day when we were crazy heavy, traffic was bad, and it seemed like there was something to hold me up at every stop. The recipient complained, I apologized, but she wouldn't shut up. She jabbered on and on about "I'm only 20 minutes from your depot!! How hard is it to leave by 1000 and get my package to me by 1030?" I laughed. Some people think that we drive around in trucks that have their packages, and only their packages, not realizing that there's a million other things going on above and beyond what they see with their own eyes.

And when I talk to you about certain things, I'm convinced you're one of them.

Serf

Our senior manager announced that they will be hiring casual employees to deliver residential deliveries to reduce labor costs .Two full time routes have already been absorbed and they plan on taking down more as people leave and retire.This is in metro New York area.Has anyone else heard this.
Interesting. As in Manhattan? Foot courier? Or small Van?

McFeely

Huge Member
We have these casuals at my station but they do P1 and not just resi stops. Work a couple days a week and that’s it.

59 Dano

That’s because your sole focus is on your own navel.

I've always understood that some people want limited experience and responsibility, I've just never understood why so many people who prefer that harbor a grudge against those who don't.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I've always understood that some people want limited experience and responsibility, I've just never understood why so many people who prefer that harbor a grudge against those who don't.
Condescension is toxic to a manager/employee relationship. You should try eliminating it from your repertoire.

59 Dano

Condescension is toxic to a manager/employee relationship. You should try eliminating it from your repertoire.

OK, I'll try but I'll need your help. When people with no insight, experience, or responsibility in a certain line of work are arguing from a position of ignorance with those with years of successful experience and responsibility in that same line of work, what is the proper way to deal with them when they continually refuse to be reasonable? I've always thought that they're either obstinate or stupid (or worse, both) but if you have any answers (and I'm sure you do!) I'm all ears.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
OK, I'll try but I'll need your help. When people with no insight, experience, or responsibility in a certain line of work are arguing from a position of ignorance with those with years of successful experience and responsibility in that same line of work, what is the proper way to deal with them when they continually refuse to be reasonable? I've always thought that they're either obstinate or stupid (or worse, both) but if you have any answers (and I'm sure you do!) I'm all ears.
Never mind. Your narcissism precludes improvement. Your obvious intellect is negated by your superior attitude.

You may now return to your navel gazing.

Serf

"Good help is hard to find." "You get what you pay for." "Millennials are know it alls." "Word got out Fdx is a good job not good career."

59 Dano

Never mind. Your narcissism precludes improvement. Your obvious intellect is negated by your superior attitude.

I asked you how one should respond to people who lack insight, experience, or responsibility but want to argue anyway. You feel that my way of responding is the wrong way - what do you feel is the right way?

Cactus

I asked you how one should respond to people who lack insight, experience, or responsibility but want to argue anyway. You feel that my way of responding is the wrong way - what do you feel is the right way?
Well your way of corporate apologizing certainly ain’t working. I’ll bet you like to try putting out forest fires by pissing on them too.