FedEx Disqualification

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was just disqualified from FedEx Ground after being accused of signing for a package. I’ve been a home delivery guy since I started a year and a half ago. When I first started FedEx I received a mere two days of training and was sent on my own. One of those days our scanner broke before our first stop. Needless to say, I had to make a lot of calls cause I didn’t know what to do. Most of the stuff I figured out on my own. Fast forward to now, I was told I would be running a ground route. Never had before, and I :censored2:ed up. Because the scanner showed “N” under the colums, I didn’t think it needed a signature. There was seven packages and all said N. The scanner I had was messing up all day. I tried to input a left at location but it wouldn’t let me. The business was open, but I couldn’t find anyone. So, they got their packages, called and complained cause no one there signed, and I’m out a job. I didn’t admit to anything, I just said the packages didn’t need a signature. I’ve always driver released packages to businesses that didn’t say indirect or direct never was told otherwise. Am I pretty much out? I never before was in any trouble with FedEx, aside from a few customer disputes that I followed up on. They told me the DQ was indefinite. How can I fight it? Who do I contact? Terminal I suffering bad right now with peak here. They’re short maybe 20-30 drivers.
Thought that was Standard Operating Procedure at ground

Fergus Mahoney

Bro you got screwed. Ground guys in my area leave stuff outside of businesses that require a mask to be worn. With shifting more Express freight to ground they are gonna have to control that nonsense, though.

abused.crr

The funniest story from the short time I was a CSA…. Customer called in and said if I give you a tracking number can you tell me who signed for it. I said sure and looked it up lol. The Crr typed their name as A Hole. I put them on hold yelled across the hall to the managers office and asked him if he could look up this tracking number. I’ll never forget his response… Oh my!