FedEx Disqualification

The Youngin' Of It All

Wtf is an N ???

Did you sign your own name or falsified someone else?

Sometimes i see a ground driver at a business, but he treat it as a resis and hit MC. Is that bad? I sometimes don't switch that RES to BUS button to force the scanner for a signature

What is further perplexing is when I get my printed manifest in the morning before I start my preload process, all the addresses are RES-1 (or whatever the amount of packages on that stop)
He's talking about "N" meaning premium service or signature required. If the package does not need a signature it will say N on the tab next to the tracking number once you scan the package. My driver used to do the same thing with HD packages to businesses. I had to break him from the habit and he's been fine. As far as Res-1 goes that's to let you know that they are using HD over Ground for the shipping service. Next time you get a manifest check it out and you'll see the difference.

Oldfart

If losing yer crappy job at XG has put you in a bind or caused you stress, my condolences.

And don't think you wasted a year and a half of your life for getting fired for the reason you did. It's more XG's loss than yours.

If in the future you apply for other jobs in this industry, make up a different story (lie) as to why you left XG. As time goes by, it will be more difficult to verify what the true circumstances were as to your dismissal. Also, you need to have good lies and stories planned and ready in advance for when you do something dubious. Some people say: "the truth will set you free." Indeed. The truth will 'set you free' from a job.

And honestly, I really don't think that putting 'worked at FedEx Ground' is a worthwhile addition to a job application, anyways.

What you did to get fired wasn't evil or malicious. It was just kinda' dumb. If everybody who ever did something kinda' dumb while at work got fired, we'd all be unemployed.
You sound like telling lies is fairly common in your life. Good policy to live by.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
It was an honest mistake since FXG doesn't have a set courier class like FXE... they used to, that's how I picked up the 5 keys of space cushion driving. Still dunno about that S.A.friend.E. lingo to avoid paying Mr. Smith the royalty fees for using his methods...

should've got a slap on the wrist for this since he wasn't trained properly.

It's basically learn as you go.

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise to move on to better things like FXE or something else

Oldfart

It was an honest mistake since FXG doesn't have a set courier class like FXE... they used to, that's how I picked up the 5 keys of space cushion driving. Still dunno about that S.A.friend.E. lingo to avoid paying Mr. Smith the royalty fees for using his methods...

should've got a slap on the wrist for this since he wasn't trained properly.

It's basically learn as you go.

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise to move on to better things like FXE or something else
Fedex pays a yearly fee to Smith Systems for teaching their system. The fee is not based on the number of students that are taught the classes.

What is S.A.friend.E.?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Well why only FXE gets the privilege of using it, while the FXG gets little or no training? If the ground CEO man can get off his yacht for a second and actually made that available to the contractors' drivers, maybe the accident rates may actually decrease... like the cost shouldn't increase because of that, right?

What is S.A.friend.E.?

Survey

Adjust

Forecast

Execute

dvalleyjim

Be glad your fired and move on. If you forge a signature just make up a lie and stand by it. Say someone signed for it and it must be denial of signature. Never admit to anything at ground. For all the people on here to tell you it's a cardinal sign. friend' em.

Mutineer

Never admit to anything at ground.[/QUOTE

Exactly. Lie, play stupid, or be stupid.
Regard XG management critters as you would a cop. It is NOT a requirement to do something wrong in order to get in trouble with either. Don't be a jerk or a smartazz. But don't think for a second that they are yer gawdamm friends!

Mutineer

You sound like telling lies is fairly common in your life. Good policy to live by.

I only lie to people and institutions who have satisfactorily demonstrated an interest in screwing me over.

These are the same people who would dump a bucket of urine upon me and say 'naw, that's just warm, summer rain.'

Therefore, you have surmised correctly.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I was just disqualified from FedEx Ground after being accused of signing for a package. I’ve been a home delivery guy since I started a year and a half ago. When I first started FedEx I received a mere two days of training and was sent on my own. One of those days our scanner broke before our first stop. Needless to say, I had to make a lot of calls cause I didn’t know what to do. Most of the stuff I figured out on my own. Fast forward to now, I was told I would be running a ground route. Never had before, and I :censored2:ed up. Because the scanner showed “N” under the colums, I didn’t think it needed a signature. There was seven packages and all said N. The scanner I had was messing up all day. I tried to input a left at location but it wouldn’t let me. The business was open, but I couldn’t find anyone. So, they got their packages, called and complained cause no one there signed, and I’m out a job. I didn’t admit to anything, I just said the packages didn’t need a signature. I’ve always driver released packages to businesses that didn’t say indirect or direct never was told otherwise. Am I pretty much out? I never before was in any trouble with FedEx, aside from a few customer disputes that I followed up on. They told me the DQ was indefinite. How can I fight it? Who do I contact? Terminal I suffering bad right now with peak here. They’re short maybe 20-30 drivers.
Sorry about your job, but after 1.5 years diad use should come as natural as breathing.

Oldfart

Said the man who's too afraid to leave the FedEx teat with his 2 pensions and Social Security. Bummer.
Why leave. Work 3 days a week for 10 or so hours, full benefits and cheap insurance. That just might be better than retirement. Plenty of time to travel, fish and take up golf again. What a sweet deal

bbsam

Staff member
diad use? You're on the fedex section here buddy. That driver was a part of the ONLY resi opco and was never trained properly with dealing with biz.
I don’t buy that. HD has signature required packages. Golden rule is to never, ever sign for packages.

vantexan

Why leave. Work 3 days a week for 10 or so hours, full benefits and cheap insurance. That just might be better than retirement. Plenty of time to travel, fish and take up golf again. What a sweet deal
Why not stay fulltime? You were only working 10 hours or so then too. :)

Oldfart

Why not stay fulltime? You were only working 10 hours or so then too. :)
Not hardly. Even when I sat in on courier class or defensive driving it was 9 or 10 hr days. I was gonna retire but when my manager came up with this offer, it was TOO good to pass up. Having 25 days of vacation when you only work 3 days a week means plenty of weeks off. I lost a little of my life insurance and disability insurance but other than that, the benefits are about the same and saved a ton on medical insurance for the time being. Gonna ride it out till I decide to call it quits.

Stitch1810

What if your contractor was doing :censored2: to you that made you quit? Like moving trucks outta the place you were assigned? I came in at 8 am and by 10 I finally got a truck but after all that I said :censored2: it and walked out. Or I get sent to do a route i don't know and get no help. My boss at the time sent me an email an hour later saying I'm disqualified from delivering again can I get it appealed? What if they did illegal :censored2: like had ppl park whole routes outside so fedex didn't take them or have you log in as another driver becuz they put you on for 8 or 9 days in a row? Is there anything I can do about that? I liked the job I just had enough of the bull:censored2: from that contractor

yadig

I thought the owner/contractor would have the say so. How can FedEx fire you? U don’t work for them. So FedEx has the say so of other “owners” employees. Lmaof