Fedex DRing Dell's!

We have a wine that comes in regular ground 03. It does not call for a 21 signature, I always get one though. I also had a customer tell me when I delivered her Dell that she had to pay $95.00 for the delivery but it would have been free from Fedex. She was afraid of having it just left on her doorstep. Dell told her no signature was required and they would leave it if she was not home. She said security wise this scared her that anyone could see it setting there.

I had a box of wine once didn't have sig. required on it. I didn't DR it, and left a del. notice. Found out the next day it was only grape juice...Now if I don't need a signature, I leave it...I used to deliver a couple islands....The slogan there was "When in doubt, DR it":lol:

Overpaid Union Thug

I deliver to a college and they often get hug shipments of new computers, furniture, books, etc. leading up to the beginning of each new school year. Well, I had over 80 computers or computer related boxes (printers, monitors, etc.) and guess what company most were from? That's right. DELL! We lost Dell? LOL! Could have fooled me.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I had over 80 computers or computer related boxes (printers, monitors, etc.) and guess what company most were from? That's right. DELL! We lost Dell? LOL! Could have fooled me.

I'd had to agree. I don't know the origination of the trailer but I unloaded a 2/3 full 52 footer in March of Dells. I was double-shifting at the time, so I don't know if its come back or not. -Rocky

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
these :censored2: fedex home del or ground guys wont de dr ing the dells if fred makes them pay for the claim like us. there is no pkg that i would want to buy!!!!

Fredless

APWA Hater
As a clerk, I can't tell you how many PISSED off consignee's there was because we wouldn't leave it or alternate add it.

I wonder how those morons are feeling now that their computers have been stolen.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
UPS doesn't make us pay for stolen or lost dr's.
sorry Cino, dont know what you do at ups but i drove pkg for 15yrs,and the EMPIRE WILL make you pay for a bad d.r example apt bldngs 2 or 3 family homes or sig required , a good clean safe d.r they wont make you pay, but will grill you hard on it. I have seen the EMPIRE go on road and take pictures of places we had cliams on!!!! and i have known drivers that have BOUGHT a pkg or two WOODSY :w00t:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have never paid for a DR Claim, and I have had a couple of doozies. I know one guy that had to pay for a mink coat he DRed in the rain without putting it in a bag. You never know what is in a package a lot of times.:confused:1

maybrown

is not a woman
My question is: UPS trusts drivers or customers?
I just had 1 claim this week. I handled a package to a woman. Two weeks later she denied to receive it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
something interesting, on upsers.com dell is still giving employees discounts on computers. maybe we should all boycott this company which seems to be going downhill in many aspects in the last few years.I really dont think they give much of a discount, just like the car companies. but they want us to purchase their goods....please.:thumbdown:thumbdown

1BrownClown

Doing my Time!
Don't know if the competition DRing Dells is catching up with them all ready, but this morning I unloaded at least 250 Dells out of two different 53 footers. (have not seen more then 10 a week prior to today in the last 3-4 months) The best part about the Dells today were that they were all smaller boxes, (laptops, flat screen monitors, etc.) no large monitor boxes or irreg. 40" flat screens! I personally hope this continues.

Griff

Under no circumstances should you pay for a freaking claim out of your own check. The second anyone in management even suggests the idea you should immediately get your steward involved or call your BA. The same goes for C.O.D's gone ary, do not believe them that you have to pay for it. I've had claims for things that cost $3,000-5,000, they were stolen/missing after I had DR'd. Is it my fault these things weren't flagged as high value/signature required? No.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Don't know if the competition DRing Dells is catching up with them all ready, but this morning I unloaded at least 250 Dells out of two different 53 footers. (have not seen more then 10 a week prior to today in the last 3-4 months) The best part about the Dells today were that they were all smaller boxes, (laptops, flat screen monitors, etc.) no large monitor boxes or irreg. 40" flat screens! I personally hope this continues.

I unloaded about the same from a 53 footer in March here in Denver. I've seen a few since but I was double-shifting when I saw that influx. -Rocky

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I haven't had or seen any Dell boxes in our building since they switched. But they still use us for our Return Service. The first time, I made three attempts to pick up one that Fedex hadn't delivered yet. Yesterday I got 29 RS Tags to pickup a Dell Notebook at a house. One was for the Notebook, the other 28 were for the Software Program CDs loaded on the PC.:confused:1

huskres

I know if the customer signs the doortag for fedex ground or hd then that driver can release the computer on the 2nd attempt if its the indirect signature not the direct signature. And by signing that releases the driver from any possible claim.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I am still getting dell call tags to pick up. As to bad dr's i have represented several drivers and never have the driver had to pay. What the drivers have done in the past is to stop dring, bring back 25 resi's on monday, 40 or so on tuesday, 50 to 60 on wednesday, by friday we need another route in that area, theres the end of the dr hassle. I have seen drivers pay for bad cods, but it must be over a $100. One case is a driver collected a post dated check, the problem was it was post dated for a year. The customer is a jag, andwhen the year came the check bounced, we lost this case and ups won. Of couurse ups holds the driver responsible, and the customer is still allowed to write personal checks, wheres the fairness in that. That customer should not be allowed to get ups deliveries let alone cods. I have directed this driver to take the customer to small claims court and will post that outcome as soon as its over. A bunch of drivers have taken up a collection to help this driver with his legal fees, this could have been anyone of us. Please done forget to z scan your check for all the info!

muyl2

I know if the customer signs the doortag for fedex ground or hd then that driver can release the computer on the 2nd attempt if its the indirect signature not the direct signature. And by signing that releases the driver from any possible claim.

But I don't think every Fedex Ground driver follow the rules. I live on the ground floor of an apartment complex. Fedex ground left packages by the front door in plain sight without tags or even knocking.

BTW, I ordered a dell laptop in June and DHL did it.