FedEx driver killed in single vehicle crash

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
If he was a Ground kid then Fat Freddy doesn't have a dime in it but that contractor will pay the piper. If the kid was Ground then chances are he was out there flying around like Buzzy The Hummingbird with a truck loaded floor to ceiling end to end stacked like bricks with a zillion stops.
A lot of the ground guys out here aren’t extremely packed. I talk with most of them. They have pretty normal days and get off around the same time everyday no rush.
I’ve seen that young man a couple of times he was also a bartender at a local dessert cafe here.
I’m not sure what caused the accident it was just a single car accident though and that area isn’t tight road.

Fido

Hitting a tree here in anything causes death almost every time. This city is full of live oaks close to the roads and smashing into them is just like smashing into solid concrete. The street he was on has them all down it. They were normally entrances to old rice, tobacco and indigo plantation from early colonization in this country. They’re a protected tree in the state and a lot has to be done paperwork and approval wise to have them removed, even from a dot standpoint.

These trucks aren’t meant to sustain impact damage as such. And there’s so much room around you that a seat belt can fail at any moment if enough force is given.

Fido

You just got done saying that every CITY is different. That's nice but FYI America's urban area comprises only 3% that right 3% of the nation's entire land mass.
I gave the tldr reason because nobody cares about statistics. You’re taking the topic that was the discussion of a poor young man who tragically died in an accident on the job and talking about irrelevant bull :censored2: lol. Make your own topic to blab your mouth.

Fido

Wrong. I believe the focus should be on the forces that may have been in play that contributed to the death of that man. When a tragedy such as this occurs the two words that make me puke are "thoughts" and "prayers" . Other than his immediate family the death of this kid in NOT in the thoughts and prayers of anyone in today's corporate world.

The daily work experience of someone working for a Ground contractor is completely different than the one working for Express.
AS long as that belt is bare when the sort is done FDX management doesn't care and goes blind regarding what happens downline from that point outside of the continued divestiture of risk, liability and variable costs.
Everybody already knows that’s how this world works. People think certain ones should be held accountable but that falls under a legal standpoint that not a lot of people pursue. The working man creates 99% of the revenue gained for any business while the no labor higher ups collect the bargain. In the end nobody higher up cares about the lesser. That’s why we all have to look out for each other. That’s honestly why unions somewhat exists but that’s another topic.

We had a young man die in our ups building 2 years ago from natural causes. He was a driver; he did not pass away on the job. We all keep in contact with his family and do yearly gatherings and help his family out with fundraisers and donations because his fiancé was pregnant with his son when he passed.

Our management team couldn’t care less and we offered it they wanted to come support and they all declined. We know how it is. Look out for each other as the working man and a decent human being.

Thebrownblob

It's a nice deal you have at UPS. But it's a deal that ends at 12:01AM on 8-01-23. And given the numerous carriers out there constantly trying to undercut that deal getting a new contract in place early without having to go right down to the wire becomes the first item of business.

It is especially important to get an early contract settlement because everyone knows that the Teamsters have neither the desire nor the power to go out and try to organize nonunion carriers. You Teamster guys at UPS are on an island in a shark laden ocean.
No one cares about your opinion on our contract. But thank you. I believe this thread is about a young man who passed away tragically. Have a little decency.

Thebrownblob

It's all going to come to a resolution at 12:01AM 8-01-23. At which time all bets are off. And you will no be employed by UPS. You're only salvation will be the successful completion of a new contract. And rest assured both the old and new scabs and more of them coming along everyday which I am not btw combined with growing expectations of a recession will have a major impact on how those contract negotiations progress.
First and foremost, he’s retired. Nothing will change at 12:01 August 1 for him. Secondly, we’ve been over this already. This thread is about a young man’s death, and you’re showing no regard. Do better.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
First and foremost, he’s retired. Nothing will change at 12:01 August 1 for him. Secondly, we’ve been over this already. This thread is about a young man’s death, and you’re showing no regard. Do better.
I don’t think he knows better. Everything is about him, the names he loves to drop and the soapbox he loves to pontificate from.

Thebrownblob

I don’t think he knows better. Everything is about him, the names he loves to drop and the soapbox he loves to pontificate from.
I feel bad for the young man’s family, way too young. And as a delivery driver, I can certainly say as an inexperienced driver there is a few close calls I had, as most probably have had. Thankfully, I made it through them and learned, sadly this gentleman did not.

Thebrownblob

OK, let's just send the family our insincere "thoughts" and prayers" Then just go on our merry old way reciting biblical scripture while passively waiting for the next cause undetermined crash to happen.
I have no desire to engage you in your debasement of human life. You can say thoughts and prayers if you like. Or you could just be respectful and say you’re sorry for their loss. If you have issues with the company start them in another thread. You know nothing about this accident and neither does anyone else. Everything is not about you.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
@BadIdeaGuy this thread was started by @Fido to pay respects (I think) to a young driver who lost his life way too young while driving for FedEx. Will you please remove any posts, including mine, if you mods deem them disrespectful to this young man’s memory?
I’m on route right now, so I can’t do a decent job of cleaning this thread for another hour and a half or so.

Tag me again tonight if I forget, will you?
I’ll take care of it.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Okay.

Cleaned up the thread.

Regarding Fedex employees since that got brought up, they're absolutely welcome here. Not up for debate.

This isn't the thread to bash managers, or start pointing fingers.
Let's try to be respectful, guys and gals. Someone died.

I feel horrible for that young guy. He had so much life to live yet.
But I think I feel more even for his parents. They've got to be beyond devastated right now, and they will have to learn how to live with this loss. I can't even imagine.

Rest in peace, Tyler Tumolo.