FedEx eliminates Smartpost to the PO. UPS must eliminate Surepost to PO.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

NMA Article 26 Section 4 (Starts at page 82)

Nowhere in the four paragraphs does it mention SmartPost, let alone your contention that we would have to eliminate SurePost if they make the decision to retain and deliver it themselves.

Nice try, thank for playing.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Again, the word "post" on both services (fedex precipitated the offering first fyi) shows they are both taken to the post office. If they werent then the (service) volume wouldn't be named sure or smart post. It would just be ups or FDX volume not named post anything.

You are the ignorant one who argues over the blatantly obvious.

I thought you were leaving here as you posted last week. We have enough scabs posting in the union forum without needing another one with less than a 50 IQ.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
The real question is how many of these shippers would contract their volume directly to the post office if the service was not an option any longer and as the escape clause in Art 26 alludes to would it be economically feasible for us to deliver the same volume at the same rates we provide thru surepost contracts given our union wages and benefits?

The continuing violations of surepost language is garbage but there's a lot more going on behind the scene that we arent privy to and profit is the company's target, not volume.

On a side note...
Would it make you feel better if they changed the name from SmartPost to CheapShipping?

I'd feel better if you quit posting stupidity on here.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I didnt say otherwise.
Look at what's going on now and has been happening since the first year proximity stops were redirected back to ups drivers for delivery.
After we got social egg on our face for not getting everyone's Christmas purchase delivered on time the proximity stops (for the largest part) were diminished to being a rare occasion and now the ibt negotiators allowed language that sends all of the volume to the post office if a location rolls a trailer that day even if its a 10%er. So the union is on board to give our bargaining unit members the work???

Let's not forget the escape clause in Art 26.View attachment 272710

I'm not holding my breath about getting surepost totally redirected seeing how the language keeps getting less supportive to even get what is supposed to be our work moved to ups drivers for final mile delivery until we get new leadership at the top.

"Economically feasible"? Heck, they send stops to the post office that we are actually delivering that day anyway breaking the contract EVERY DAY...and with a blessing from the people who are supposed to want to add members to the union ranks.

I wasn't arguing the point. Just pointing out that it's a big issue, and a potentially large win for the members. If they don't do the right thing at the national level, then we need to push it at the local level until they are forced to address it. Maybe it'll be in our favor, maybe not. I wonder how an arbitrator would interpret the language.

barnyard

KTM rider
when they scalp off our work to the post office by not redirecting the businesses, duplicate, and proximity stops back to our drivers for final mile delivery.

This happens every single day, in every center. Not only that, but I am also seeing more and more packages that are too big for surepost.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
This happens every single day, in every center. Not only that, but I am also seeing more and more packages that are too big for surepost.

I will not deliver it to the post office of it is too large. I will bring it to the customer or bring back for an address correction. If it is off my area

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I will not deliver it to the post office of it is too large. I will bring it to the customer or bring back for an address correction. If it is off my area

Let me get this straight-----the package has gone through the system and been correctly loaded on to your car to be delivered AS ADDRESSED to the Post Office and you take it upon yourself to bring it back to the center for an UNNECESSARY address correction simply because you felt it was outside of the Surepost size/weight restrictions?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If the pkg is on your car and you are at the delivery point you need to get rid of it on the first attempt.

See above.

DDE9ED4E-7F2B-4BCA-8317-99BB43BC5B12.jpeg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Let me get this straight-----the package has gone through the system and been correctly loaded on to your car to be delivered AS ADDRESSED to the Post Office and you take it upon yourself to bring it back to the center for an UNNECESSARY address correction simply because you felt it was outside of the Surepost size/weight restrictions?
If the pkg is on your car and you are at the delivery point you need to get rid of it on the first attempt.
Go away Dan.

Article 26
(4) If a driver or inside employee identifies a package designated for Surepost that is clearly more than ten (10) pounds and/or larger than three cubic feet, the package can be removed from the system and redirected for delivery by a package driver unless the Employer cannot deliver to the specified address.

clipperman

Go away Dan.

Article 26
(4) If a driver or inside employee identifies a package designated for Surepost that is clearly more than ten (10) pounds and/or larger than three cubic feet, the package can be removed from the system and redirected for delivery by a package driver unless the Employer cannot deliver to the specified address.
Specified address is the part they use against us,if it’s oversized or overweight and the address is to a PO Box then to the post office it goes since we don’t deliver to PO Boxes,is there a practice where you are that allows for an address correction?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Specified address is the part they use against us,if it’s oversized or overweight and the address is to a PO Box then to the post office it goes since we don’t deliver to PO Boxes,is there a practice where you are that allows for an address correction?

He tends to make up his own rules as he goes along.