FedEx eliminates Smartpost to the PO. UPS must eliminate Surepost to PO.

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by browned out, Nov 20, 2019.

1. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

NMA Article 26 Section 4 (Starts at page 82)

Nowhere in the four paragraphs does it mention SmartPost, let alone your contention that we would have to eliminate SurePost if they make the decision to retain and deliver it themselves.

Nice try, thank for playing.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

SurePost is not going anywhere. Should that be our volume? For the most part, absolutely.

3. Boywondr

Boywondr Newbie Doo

Again, the word "post" on both services (fedex precipitated the offering first fyi) shows they are both taken to the post office. If they werent then the (service) volume wouldn't be named sure or smart post. It would just be ups or FDX volume not named post anything.

You are the ignorant one who argues over the blatantly obvious.

I thought you were leaving here as you posted last week. We have enough scabs posting in the union forum without needing another one with less than a 50 IQ.

4. UpstateNYUPSer

Would it make you feel better if they changed the name from SmartPost to CheapShipping?

5. Boywondr

Boywondr Newbie Doo

The real question is how many of these shippers would contract their volume directly to the post office if the service was not an option any longer and as the escape clause in Art 26 alludes to would it be economically feasible for us to deliver the same volume at the same rates we provide thru surepost contracts given our union wages and benefits?

The continuing violations of surepost language is garbage but there's a lot more going on behind the scene that we arent privy to and profit is the company's target, not volume.

On a side note...
    I'd feel better if you quit posting stupidity on here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

I wasn't arguing the point. Just pointing out that it's a big issue, and a potentially large win for the members. If they don't do the right thing at the national level, then we need to push it at the local level until they are forced to address it. Maybe it'll be in our favor, maybe not. I wonder how an arbitrator would interpret the language.

7. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

This happens every single day, in every center. Not only that, but I am also seeing more and more packages that are too big for surepost.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Boywondr

Boywondr Newbie Doo

Lol. "3 cubic feet"? Ok

9. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of own destiny

I will not deliver it to the post office of it is too large. I will bring it to the customer or bring back for an address correction. If it is off my area

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

Let me get this straight-----the package has gone through the system and been correctly loaded on to your car to be delivered AS ADDRESSED to the Post Office and you take it upon yourself to bring it back to the center for an UNNECESSARY address correction simply because you felt it was outside of the Surepost size/weight restrictions?

11. 3 done 3 to go

Yes I do. Every time. I also tell them what I'm doing.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  12. 3 done 3 to go

Like the over 150.lbs go all thru the system. Never get cc'd either. I bring it back also. Tell them to get a hold of freight to deliver it

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

If the pkg is on your car and you are at the delivery point you need to get rid of it on the first attempt.

See above.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  14. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

DDE9ED4E-7F2B-4BCA-8317-99BB43BC5B12.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  15. Go away Dan.

Article 26
    (4) If a driver or inside employee identifies a package designated for Surepost that is clearly more than ten (10) pounds and/or larger than three cubic feet, the package can be removed from the system and redirected for delivery by a package driver unless the Employer cannot deliver to the specified address.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  16. clipperman

clipperman Member

Specified address is the part they use against us,if it’s oversized or overweight and the address is to a PO Box then to the post office it goes since we don’t deliver to PO Boxes,is there a practice where you are that allows for an address correction?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  17. UpstateNYUPSer

He tends to make up his own rules as he goes along.

18. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

Pot meet kettle.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

He's following the rules. Our Preload here is great at catching oversize surepost. Loads of re-stickered surepost.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Boywondr

Boywondr Newbie Doo

Not really old man but I'm sure he can tell when the light is red when crossing the street.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List